Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Block certain users?

On other forums there's a feat, to block certain unpleasant users.
Clicking it can just ignore their posts and not show them in the thread unless expanding those posts.

I think such a feat would be helpful for a person like me, so I'd be able to just put my revenge on some users into clicking a 'block' button like this!...

Anyways, I think with the advent of some new guys, who seem to totally destabilize the peaceful forum, I think it might be a next feat to start looking forward to!

I'm sure it'll be much used too!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
You can ignore users here, too. In your User CP there is a button "Edit ignored users".
But it blocks only the content of the post, you will still see that this person (I think I know who you mean ) has written something.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I've got exactly 3 users ignored which helps my blood pressure, but there's no way to completely make the user disappear. A blank post appears inline in the threads and if the ignored user is Quoted, you still get to read their brilliant posts. Better than nothing.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Must be some people with thin skin around here. :-)

Oh great, now I'll end up on your ignore lists! [assuming I'm not already!!]
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Must be some people with thin skin around here. :-)

Oh great, now I'll end up on your ignore lists! [assuming I'm not already!!]
Lol well now that we got our "thin skin, oh noes now I'm blocked" quota filled this thread is complete.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
On other forums there's a feat, to block certain unpleasant users.
Clicking it can just ignore their posts and not show them in the thread unless expanding those posts...
There is one on this forum also. Just click on the user's name in the upper left of one of their posts and a menu will appear that includes an option to add them to your "Ignore List".
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the advise!

I'm not really thin skinned.. But I seem to keep my peace much better ignoring certain individuals.
Anyone can have a bad day. No one need to start flaming for that. But when it happens several times, the 'block' button will come in very handy!

Thanks for suggesting it,I'll immediately try it out!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I was just playing... There are a few folks here which are, uh, entertainment, but otherwise I haven't felt the need to block anybody. I guess some of the more active posters might be more annoyed by those poster than I am. Since they show up in the middle of other threads I'm not sure how much utility the block function has.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #9
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
On the various boards which I am a member of, there are a number of posters who are routinely in a foul mood. I find that my life is more pleasant if I just skip over them via the ignore list.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
ProDigit
Karmaniac

I've enabled the feat, and my browsing was so much more enjoyable!
Is like reading ad-free webpages!
Definitely a must for me!

The good is you can unblock users after a while, in case their flaming diminished, and they actually are taking part of a discussion in a decent way.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Some people like Candyland others do not. Never used my Ignore list.....Then again...I imagine Margaret Thatcher never did either..
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My ignore list is empty; and always will be.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
My ignore list is empty; and always will be.
Good to know, let's start pestering you then
Old 03-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I have only one user who goes on and off my ignore list. When he gets on my nerves, I block him for a while, to keep from being annoyed by him. After a while, if all looks quiet, I un-ignore him. Lately, though, he's been quiet.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
ProDigit
Karmaniac

same here!
It's a good feat, that I know my enemies also use against me! A way to preserve the peace in turbulent times ||