Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
EllieW
EllieW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Newbie ... wants to convert to pdf ??

I have a Kindle 3 - have a kindle book that I wanted to be able to print some of the pages. In the amazon forum they told me calibre could do this...

I downloaded the book to my pc from my amazon account -- downloaded and ran calibre - when I choose the book to convert to pdf - it tells me "Could not convert 1 of 1 books because no suitable source format was found"

What am I doing wrong?

The file from amazon is a tpz

Thanks
EllieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
.tpz is "topaz," Amazon's special DRM'd format. In order to convert it to anything, it would need the DRM stripped (which it's against the rules at Mobileread to give you specific instructions for, but we can suggest you google for more details), and then get it converted.

Once it's convertible, you're better putting it into a more adaptable format like RTF or HTML, and then you can edit the look yourself instead of dealing with default PDF output settings.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
EllieW
EllieW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for your help .... I was able to convert the file -- though I was not able to open it as a RTF or HTMLZ - I was then able to convert to pdf and that is the only one I can open. Formatting is not great ... but I only need a few pages.
Thanks again....
EllieW is offline   Reply With Quote