Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-28-2023, 08:27 AM   #1
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Debug K3 KUAL Extension installation/running

Hi everyone! I just started fiddling with a really old Kindle 3 (Wifi, Keyboard) running 3.4.3 that I had stored for some time and wanted to turn it into a weather station.

I found many projects, but this is the one I have liked the most so far:
https://github.com/mattzzw/kindle-weatherstation

I'm following the instructions and I'm up to the point where I have copied the project files into my kindle, but when running the weather dashboard from the extensions menu in KUAL, I'm just being sent back to the Kindle main menu (list of books), so I would like to be able to debug what is causing this extension to crash or not run at all. Is there a way I can see the output of every line of code, or get a logfile or something?

I have followed the instructions and:
- Jailbroken the kindle with JB v0.13.N
- Installed ScreenSaver Hack SS v0.47.N
- Python 0.14.N
- USBNet v0.57.N

I also know the project is for Kindle PW 2 (and also PW3, from what can be seen in the comments of kindle-weather.sh), so debugging might also allow me to see if any adjustments are necessary to run it in my K3.

Alternatively I also have a Kobo Aura, but development for those readers is not as popular as for kindle.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 12:37 PM   #2
japafrite
japafrite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hey,

Same work undergoing at my side but with a Kindle 4

In order to debug, you can connect by SSH to work on the Kindle (check this forum for your Kindle version and also KUAL to activate ssh)

Concerning myself I'm stucked on svg to png conversion with these errors :

Quote:
/mnt/us/extensions/weatherstation/bin/rsvg-convert: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /mnt/us/extensions/weatherstation/lib/librsvg-2.so.2)
/mnt/us/extensions/weatherstation/bin/rsvg-convert: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /mnt/us/extensions/weatherstation/lib/librsvg-2.so.2)
/mnt/us/extensions/weatherstation/bin/rsvg-convert: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /mnt/us/extensions/weatherstation/lib/libcroco-0.6.so.3)
/mnt/us/extensions/weatherstation/bin/rsvg-convert: symbol lookup error: /mnt/us/extensions/weatherstation/lib/librsvg-2.so.2: undefined symbol: g_malloc_n
japafrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2023, 06:06 AM   #3
japafrite
japafrite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Terminal for K3 also found here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...90&postcount=5
japafrite is offline   Reply With Quote