Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
fgruber
Edge User

Evernote sync of journal notes

It would be fantastic to have a way to sync the journal to evernote. If the notes are stored as images then they become searchable!

There is even an API available:
http://www.evernote.com/about/developer/api/

Last edited by fgruber; 07-23-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
rakista
Edge User

Please, oh great computer gods of old, make this happen!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
ericvh
Edge User

I use a set of scripts to accomplish this, still working out the kinks. Right now I mail entries I want to sync to an external server and process them there. Would be better if it could all happen on the device - but probably need the entourage specific sdk to get the right hooks to do stuff smoothly.

UPDATE: for anyone interested, here's the basic script I use: (runs on OSX, but should work on Linux. Needs fetchmail, imagemagick, mutt, and munpack)
(I originally had it compositing all the images into a single mail message, but found evernote was indeterministic about import order, so I switched to sending them all in and merging them manually)

#!/bin/bash
p=`pwd`
foo=`mktemp -d /tmp/journal.XXX`
d=`date`
t=`echo Journal $d`
echo $foo
cd $foo
fetchmail -u notes@XXXXXXXXXXX.com -B 1 -m munpack mail.XXXXXX.com
name=`echo *.pdf | sed s/.pdf//g`
convert -density 150 $name.pdf $name.jpg
for e in *.jpg
do
n=`echo $e | sed s/.jpg//g`
mutt -a $e -s $n -x -z ericvh.XXXXX@m.evernote.com < /dev/null
done
cd $p
rm -rf $foo
echo Done

Last edited by ericvh; 07-26-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: UPDATE with example code

Old 07-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
aidren
Edge User

Thanks to other Evernote users on the Forum, I finally started using it too, and am really finding it useful, so this is a +1 for me, as well.

A couple ?? for other Evernote users: Do the audio and camera features work for you?

When I try to use the audio note, it fails with this message...
Quote:
(java.io.IOException: Prepare failed.:status=0x6) and then the clock/time window goes crazy
And the snapshot operation yields this...
Quote:
The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly.
Thanks.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Snepscheut
Edge User

helo aidren,

tried soundrecording and camera photo and video for you and everything works fine.

You do have the latest upgrade, do you?

Old 07-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidren View Post
Thanks to other Evernote users on the Forum, I finally started using it too, and am really finding it useful, so this is a +1 for me, as well.

A couple ?? for other Evernote users: Do the audio and camera features work for you?

When I try to use the audio note, it fails with this message...
And the snapshot operation yields this...
Thanks.
I get that same message if I try to play back the audio note, however it saves and uploads just fine.(It plays when I go to Evernote on my computer too) The cam always crashes and no picture is taken for me either. Unfortunately this happens with any app that tries to use the camera. Tech said they were working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepscheut View Post
helo aidren,

tried soundrecording and camera photo and video for you and everything works fine.

I can not get the camera to work with any note app, including Evernote, 3Banana or Note Everything Pro; I wonder what is different for you.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
aidren
Edge User

Thanks Snepscheut,

I just downloaded 1.4.1B4 (the latest I was able to find) and am still getting the same results... any suggestions?

Old 07-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
I get that same message if I try to play back the audio note, however it saves and uploads just fine.(It plays when I go to Evernote on my computer too)
Thanks again Cheyenne. I tried this and it does work this way for me, too. I noticed when I saved it that it is a .amr file... not on the EE list of supported audio files. Maybe this is the problem?

Quote:
Compressed audio format developed by Ericsson; used by many 3G cell phones for voice recordings such as MMS messages; incorporates the Algebraic Code Excited Linear Prediction (ACELP) algorithm, which is designed to efficiently compress human speech audio.
I've sent a support inquiry to Evernote requesting consideration for offering an optional file type. I suggested MP3, as apparently they were having some issues with .wav files at one point.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #9
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I seem to recall that some video related apps work when rotate 90 degrees...
Not this time, and when I inquired with tech, they were able to duplicate the issue using 3Banana.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #10
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepscheut View Post
helo aidren,

I am curious as to what is different with your EE, too. Have you rooted it, per chance?