Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
A little help with a save template...?

Ok, so I'm a complete dunce where these things are concerned.

Anyway, I borrowed a save template from somewhere here, which goes like this:

{author_sort}/ {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

Obviously, what I want is a file name which goes series series no. - title. That's also what I get, but I have one problem - titles beginning with "The" ends up with the "The" moved to the end of the file name. In other words...

Author/Series No. - The Stolen Letter

becomes

Author/Series No. - Stolen Letter, The

...and that's what I'd like to avoid, preserving instead the original file name.

So if one of the egg heads in here would take the time to help me out, I'd be mighty grateful!
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Look in Preferences->Tweaks for "save_template_title_series_sorting", which you will want to set to:
Code:
save_template_title_series_sorting = 'strictly_alphabetic'
You might also want to change the way they are sorted in your Library view as well, in which case do the same thing with the tweak above it of 'title_series_sorting'
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Wonderful, worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote