Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How many moms?

Hello all,

Here in the U.S. it's Mother's Day and I'm wondering how many moms got an e-reader today. I read that on Christmas there were record downloads from Amazon for the Kindle. If you were one of the lucky moms, have you downloaded anything yet? For the record, I didn't get any.

Joyce
Serendipity House
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I got an ebook reader for MY mom. She likes it. She is terrified of the computer and won't buy her own books yet (she says if she wants a book, she will get me to buy it and come 'install' it for her) and she keeps calling it the 'thingie' (as in, 'I read a book on the thingie today!') but she seems to be enjoying it. I got her the Kobo reader.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

I am a Mom. I got my Kindle on Wed because I ordered it myself. Amazon shipped much faster than I was expecting.

I downloaded "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" and am almost finished with it. I might download the rest of the series. I also subscribed to "PC Magazine".
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
I got one for Mom's Day! A pretty pink sony ereader pocket edition!
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Last year I gave my Mom my Kindle 1 for Mother's day.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannont View Post
I got one for Mom's Day! A pretty pink sony ereader pocket edition!
If you had said a pink Kindle, I would have worried. I hear the pink Kindles have some pretty funky experimental functions!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
My mother died in 2007, and I gave my wife a Nook for Christmas, but for Mother's Day we got her a B&N gift card.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, congratulations to all the moms who got one. Maybe next year, I'll be the lucky one. Happy reading to all.

Joyce
Serendipity House
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote