Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Latest Pocket Pro FW?

I have just received my PP. So I have the following firmware in the about section:

Linux Kernel 2.6.21.7

Firmware Version: V2.02ASTAK.091201

I saw on the EZ reader site that there is a FW dated Dec 12, 2009... So am I to assume that I should update my PP?
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Nope, you have the latest firmware. The actual firmware you have is dated 1st Dec but it wasn't actually released until the 10th. There usually is a days or so between the firmware date and date of release.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Nope, you have the latest firmware. The actual firmware you have is dated 1st Dec but it wasn't actually released until the 10th. There usually is a days or so between the firmware date and date of release.

Cheers Solicitous..... I figured as much but just wanted to confirm.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I have just received my PP. So I have the following firmware in the about section:

Linux Kernel 2.6.21.7

Firmware Version: V2.02ASTAK.091201

I saw on the EZ reader site that there is a FW dated Dec 12, 2009... So am I to assume that I should update my PP?
That Astak line is the clue
(20)09 12 (=Dec) 01 (=01)

This section of the Astak group has the full info on the details you see on your About screen

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Any word on whether there will be a new firmware soon and what might be in it?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Nothing yet from the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Any word on whether there will be a new firmware soon and what might be in it?
Sorry, omro, nothing on the radar yet. When last I talked with them on this they were trying to get up dictionary support. The Product Manager kind of took me off of firmware upgrades and so I do not know.

Let me check up.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote