Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #22366
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I just realized that I had totally miscalculated my calorie count. I should be eating 1,400 calories a day. The good news is that, with exercise, I have been eating around that. Today I feel like crap, a bit of a cold, so no gym which means watching what I eat a bit more closely.

I refuse to give up my chocolate milk at lunch time though. You cannot make me.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #22367
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Sumatra coffee in my cup and waiting to see if the wind and rain let up sometime today so I can get my errands done. Also hoping that I don't have to get the sump pump out for the backyard. The water is building up faster than it is draining and sometimes in heavy rain I have to hook up the hoses and pump it out to the front yard street.

Luckily the pond water line was at lower level and has room before it will overflow.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #22368
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, it was grey, miserable and absolutely p***ing down this morning, but I'm looking out the window in my office and there's a few white and grey clouds dotted around the sky, but the sun is shining on the harbour and it's already up to 9 degrees. Lovely. I've got everything done I need to get done on this contract, so today I'll just muck around cleaning up my computer and getting ready to have it NOT be a domain joined machine.

Time for some oolong, I think. Maybe a pot of Golden Dragon -- there should be just enough left in that tin.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #22369
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bitterness and hopelessness. That's what's in my cup.
And that's why I don't have a cup so that the taste be not it which I described
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #22370
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Aw so sad. Here. I'll share my cup of happiness and expectations with you.
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #22371
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks Dreams, tastes good. Also the cup itself is nice, can I keep it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Aw so sad. Here. I'll share my cup of happiness and expectations with you.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #22372
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Of course you may. It's my happiness cup and now yours.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #22373
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alkaseltzer Cold Plus.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #22374
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Trying to cure a persistent cold/flu bug with broth & Guinness. In different cups.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #22375
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
We're off to see the Wizard
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
We hear he is a Whiz of a Wiz
If ever a Wiz there was
If ever, oh ever, a Wiz there was
The Wizard of Oz is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things he does
We're off to see the wizard
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm3ypbAbLJ8 )

Good morning, all! Raining here too... I wonder if it's raining all over the world? Didja ever stop to consider that the sun is shinning and bright on the other side of the clouds? I guess it's just a matter of viewpoint...

Anyway, I have a cup of Keemun tea this morning, with a bowl of rice and Kalamata olives. My wife was going to make some miso soup but we are all out of dashi! I guess that means we're off to the supermarket today as one of our chores. I've got an appointment today with the Osteopath who fixed my knees for me. The man truly is a Wizard... gave me my life back. Today I want him to do some work on my shoulder. One of the tendons of the bicep muscle (there are two tendons, hence the name bicep,) seems to be unhappy with my push-up exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I refuse to give up my chocolate milk at lunch time though. You cannot make me.
Don't give up anything! Just eat a bit less of other things. Are you a Bosco drinker or Hershey? Van Houten or Droste? Puleeeez don't say Oveltine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Trying to cure a persistent cold/flu bug with broth & Guinness. In different cups.
Soup and the Bible? That should work...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #22376
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Somehow, I just can't picture them in the same cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Ah, but now with dreams cup, you have one that should do better.

Quote:
Alkaseltzer Cold Plus.
Oh, dear. There definitely seems to be something going around!

Well, I'm done with the current contract. No work except for a one day gig in a couple of weeks. I'm NOT going to panic for at least a month. Then, all bets are off.

In my cup: Okayti Estate First Flush Darjeeling
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #22377
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Hubby has had it twice. Bleeech

So, I was making tea at work when someone decided they were going to demonstrate their tea knowledge. Mind you, I have a tea kettle with 6 temperatures in my hand and an infuser. He asks me how I feel about English Breakfast, I say it is ok but the I prefer the Chinese blacks and Pu-erhs to most traditional black teas. He asks if I have had Darjeeling. I asked if he had a particular Estate in mind and if he preferred first or second flush. He goes into a discussion of an 8 hour train ride to Darjeeling that costs a penny. I said that sounded great and that the other tea area I want to visit is Japan. He looks surprised and says Japan doesn't grow tea. I rattle of the Japanese greens.he looked surprised and muttered that I knew my teas and left the kitchen.

Between that and the new team lead, who replaced me when I was on maternity leave and reassigned for a month, going on about how the project I am working on is trailblazing thought I was going to strangle someone. My old team, all of whom where reassigned because of contract changes and not ability, had been completing the same type of work for 18 months.

Twit
Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #22378
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
I said that sounded great and that the other tea area I want to visit is Japan. He looks surprised and says Japan doesn't grow tea.
Wait another week or two until I decorate the Twin for Christmas, and you can show him a picture. She is at least twice as full as she was last year! I might even be able to put a little angel on top!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #22379
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Hubby has had it twice. Bleeech

So, I was making tea at work when someone decided they were going to demonstrate their tea knowledge. Mind you, I have a tea kettle with 6 temperatures in my hand and an infuser. He asks me how I feel about English Breakfast, I say it is ok but the I prefer the Chinese blacks and Pu-erhs to most traditional black teas. He asks if I have had Darjeeling. I asked if he had a particular Estate in mind and if he preferred first or second flush. He goes into a discussion of an 8 hour train ride to Darjeeling that costs a penny. I said that sounded great and that the other tea area I want to visit is Japan. He looks surprised and says Japan doesn't grow tea. I rattle of the Japanese greens.he looked surprised and muttered that I knew my teas and left the kitchen.

Between that and the new team lead, who replaced me when I was on maternity leave and reassigned for a month, going on about how the project I am working on is trailblazing thought I was going to strangle someone. My old team, all of whom where reassigned because of contract changes and not ability, had been completing the same type of work for 18 months.

Twit
Oh, boy, do I know both of those. But the trailblazing boss is my "favourite".

Talisker on my glass.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #22380
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Sumatra coffee in my cup and waiting to see if the wind and rain let up sometime today so I can get my errands done. Also hoping that I don't have to get the sump pump out for the backyard. The water is building up faster than it is draining and sometimes in heavy rain I have to hook up the hoses and pump it out to the front yard street.

Luckily the pond water line was at lower level and has room before it will overflow.
they're handing out water wings at the gas station here
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?