Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
What's your favorite non-traditional Christmas Song

I love Greg Lake's (ELP) "I believe in Father Christmas"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8YXt...eature=related

Jon Anderson"s (Yes) -- "I Saw Three Ships"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrWxH...eature=related

Joni Mitchell - "River"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpFudDAYqxY

Jethro Tull - "Christmas Song"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibz4xAejos

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - "Christmas in Colorado"

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://p..._lRuMJQhBrJEsQ
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Does "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" count as non-traditional?

Or "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
One by the Klezmonauts - "Santa Gey Gezunderheit"

"I used to think that it was tough
To get the Spring Line out
But here's a guy who really knows
What hard work's all about

Billions of deliveries
With no option to be late
That's a lot of schlepping
Santa gey gezunderheit"
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Does "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" count as non-traditional?

Or "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"?
There's also "Cajun Christmas"

Old 12-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Chris de Burgh* 'A Spaceman Came Travelling' - ignore the 'light years of time' line .

(* Some of his early stuff was pretty good!!)

Last edited by Sparrow; 12-23-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
kennyc

Nice Sparrow. I had not heard that one.

and Dang I had forgotten about this one

Tull - "Ring Out Solstice Bells"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZ9T...eature=related

ohh, oooh just found this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3JMc...eature=related

Last edited by kennyc; 12-23-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I can think of loads of nontraditional Christmas songs I like. The one going through my head right now is Neil Young's Star of Bethlehem. I don't pretend to understand what he may have intended but, like any decent work of art, it makes me ponder the possibilities every time I hear it. And I kinda just like it, too.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
kennyc

That Greg Lake song has been going through my head for two days now!

Thanks for the Neil Young -- I love his stuff! Don't think I've heard that one though.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Rascal Flatts and SheDaisy - Twist of the Magi (think Gift of the Magi) - I did warn y'all I'm twisted...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Among my favorite non-traditional Christmas songs:

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:57 AM   #11
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd say my favourite is The Pogues' Fairytale of New York:

Quote:
"I could have been someone"
"Well so could anyone
You took my dreams from me
When I first found you"

"I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can´t make it out alone
I've built my dreams around you"

Last edited by montsnmags; 12-24-2009 at 02:01 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
The very funny Bill Nighy number from the movie Love Actually.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm a bit confused over which Bill Nighy number.

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_JRyhJiXQ8

Or this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
kennyc

Dog, the first one, okay, the first.....sheesh!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #15
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
"The Governor's Dream" by Roger Whittaker.

The Governor's Dream
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote