Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #1
Book Depository
Book Depository began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G S, Kindle
Reading device(s) or PC?

What do you think about the results in this survey to O'Reilly customers who bought eBooks?

Do you have differnet opinions about it's results?

I already know the answer to Q.8 is going to be "Avoid DRM" and most preferd format is ePub amoungst you so I guess theres no real reason to answer that one here.

Could these answers be biased towards PC viewing because O'Reilly deal more in technical books rather than novellas?

http://jwikert.typepad.com/the_avera...y-results.html
Book Depository is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Depository View Post
What do you think about the results in this survey to O'Reilly customers who bought eBooks?

Do you have differnet opinions about it's results?

I already know the answer to Q.8 is going to be "Avoid DRM" and most preferd format is ePub amoungst you so I guess theres no real reason to answer that one here.

Could these answers be biased towards PC viewing because O'Reilly deal more in technical books rather than novellas?

http://jwikert.typepad.com/the_avera...y-results.html
I do think that it's biased towards the PC because of the content of O'Reilly books.

I'd answer Q8 with DRM-less mobipocket unless it's a heavy graphic book, then I'd prefer PDF.

For the rest, I can find myself in the results...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have a different answer for #6, quite a lot. I used a PDA and Gen3, and now Gen3 and iPhone. And I don't replace Gen3 with iPhone, they're used at different situations. And I think they're biased to PC too. And I avoid PDF when I can. The same file doesn't look the same at my PC, my PDA, my Gen3 and my iPhone, my answer for #8 would be Mobipocket.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote