Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 02:54 AM   #226
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Am I the only one who has problems with this method?
I have had no problems at all buying and downloading books from B&N I have an Australian visa card and I have used both hotspotshield and alwaysvpn.

I have read some of your past posts and you appear to be someone who knows what he is doing, so what I'm about to say might sound stupid ..I'm sorry :-)

But have you checked to see if your (VPN) ip address is a US based one? run the vpn service you have and try this site
http://whatismyipaddress.com/

My only other idea, is cancel your account and start a new one using your vpn service when you create it. Make sure you have a valid US address for both billing and delivery

good luck
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #227
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Am I the only one who has problems with this method?

I've mentioned this before, but even when I go the VPN route, the ebooks successfully get added to My Library (in my account on the website) but if I try to download them onto my computer, it doesn't let me. Usually, it's either something about my using an invalid credit card (I'm using a non-US card, as I assume are most people who use VPN) or -- if I try disconnecting my VPN -- about my location not being supported.

Admittedly, I haven't tried in a few months (I'm buying most of my books via Borders) but that's how it was when I last tried.
There are no geo-restrictons when downloading books from your B&N library. Books can be downloaded anywhere in the world. Probably something is wrong with your account.
Make sure that you have made your credit card the default credit card. Even when you have only registered one credit card, this card will not automatically be your default credit card. The B&N DRM needs a default credit card to encrypt and download the books.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #228
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Puerto Rico Users

Hi PR users!

To use your NOOk in Puerto Rico add zipcode 00926 regardless of where you live in Puerto Rico.

Happy reading
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #229
ebookrights
Banned
ebookrights began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm wondering where can I buy a NOOKcolor and have it shipped outside the US other than eBay with a reasonable shipping...? The original box is nicely designed but costs so much to ship.
ebookrights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #230
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
BN for Puerto Rico

Dear B&N developers: Hope you are seeing this.

Why, in your User manual, you mention that bookms can be downloaded in Puerto Rico. Attached the part of the manual thats says so.

Then, I login, and I receive and error that is international.

I call customer service and they told me to use San Juan Zipcode, 00926. I tried that and in the begining seems to work, and I choose Puerto Rico address as default, but I also had configured a US address. All look ok, I was able to download, but, I remove the US address, and do not work with the zipcode.

If you are putting that info in the User Manual, why is not working? this is no good!!

When B&N expect to fix this issue?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	63534  
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #231
Roscopcoletrain
Roscopcoletrain began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
So im pretty new to this. Just got my Nook. I assume you cant just buy a giftcard and purchase ebooks that way? i live in Canada.

I have a CC but it has my current cdn billing address. I'm guessing this matters?
Roscopcoletrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #232
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

they don't check billing address, so you can give a US one and you will need to run a vpn service ... read older post in this thread
Old 12-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #233
Roscopcoletrain

well, I set my shipping address as a us address. But billing was still cdn. so the reason ity failed was because of the lack of vpn service?

would a gift card be just as easy?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #234
iandix
Addict

the billing address should be a US address as well and you need to run a VPN service. A gift card does not get around the fact you are not in the US.

just use a VPN service ..get hot spot shield or one of the others talked about in this thread
Old 12-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #235
Roscopcoletrain

ok. Was a bit worried about setting the billing as the same. But if they dont check
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #236
Roscopcoletrain

Well that worked

So would the safer idea (still scarred about the us billing) to get the gift card and run hotspotsheild?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #237
Roscopcoletrain

Well, I guess hat didnt work lol

Quote:
Dear XXXX XXXXX ,

We apologize, but we're having difficulty processing your order because your credit card issuer won't approve this charge. We are eager to get this corrected as quickly as possible. Please contact us within the next 7 days so we can resolve this issue. If we don't hear from you after seven days, unfortunately, we'll have to cancel this order.

Until this issue is resolved, the downloadable product you ordered will not be available for download and future purchases of any product from our website will be prohibited. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To update your payment information, please call our Customer Service Center 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) as soon as possible. If you are contacting us from outside the United States, please call 201-559-3882.

For your convenience, we have provided the details of your order below.

We thank you for your business and look forward to hearing from you soon.

-- Barnes & Noble
So, the gift card may be the better way to go then? lol
Old 12-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #238
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I just have the box checked in my account that says my shipping address (US) is the same as my billing address (my credit card is still Canadian). I will try to buy another book and see if it works still.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #239
Roscopcoletrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
I just have the box checked in my account that says my shipping address (US) is the same as my billing address (my credit card is still Canadian). I will try to buy another book and see if it works still.
make sure you give it a short while. Mine seemed to be fine, until i got that email a few hours later.

They must be checking billing addresses. Only reason i can see them denying it. and when switch back, it says:

Quote:
! You must reside within the United States to receive this item. We currently do not support international, U.S. territory or APO/FPO billing addresses.
Select the billing address for this credit card. Billing address must be in the United States.
so even with a gift card, do you need a US billing address?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #240
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
In another thread last week I have mentioned that since the end of last week my orders get cancelled. It looks indeed like B&N is checking the billing address of my credit card (Dutch Visa credit card, US billing address). The strange thing is that no-one else has mentioned any problems yet.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b&n, barnes and noble, international, nook, overseas