Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #436
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I hope one day they can add some surprise ones like reading on a certain holiday. Now that they have Kobo in so many countries, it might be interesting to see one pop up for a Holiday for another country. (^_^)
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #437
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
I hope one day they can add some surprise ones like reading on a certain holiday. Now that they have Kobo in so many countries, it might be interesting to see one pop up for a Holiday for another country. (^_^)
Surely you jest

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #438
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I ended up just disabling the whole Reading Life thing. I found it distracting. So I guess if they ever do add more awards, I won't notice.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #439
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I'm disappointed in the implementation of the reading awards on my KA1. On my iPad, the awards pop up an announcement when you achieve them. On the KA1, you have to specifically check on them. Also, I find they don't update very well. Are they buggy in general on the eReaders versus the iPad? I don't want to waste time "fixing" something that is broken on their end. haha
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #440
the reader2012
the reader2012 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
can anyone help me get the fully loaded award.
i need step by step help because i don't know what i am doing wrong
the reader2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #441
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by the reader2012 View Post
I don't seem to have that listed on my device. What are the instructions displayed when you view the award?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:49 AM   #442
TicklishOwl
TicklishOwl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
Quote:
If I recall ... to get this award, you need to side load a few books (epub or pdf that were not purchased from Kobo) onto your Kobo device.

1) Connect your Kobo to your computer with the USB cable. It should mount as a drive named KOBOReader (or similar).

2) Drag a few books onto the drive. If you use Calibre, you can send a few books to your device instead.

3) Eject the drive; then unplug the cable from your Kobo. Your device will process the added books.

4) Open one of the new books. Enjoy your award.
TicklishOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #443
the reader2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicklishOwl View Post
If I recall ... to get this award, you need to side load a few books (epub or pdf that were not purchased from Kobo) onto your Kobo device.

1) Connect your Kobo to your computer with the USB cable. It should mount as a drive named KOBOReader (or similar).

2) Drag a few books onto the drive. If you use Calibre, you can send a few books to your device instead.

3) Eject the drive; then unplug the cable from your Kobo. Your device will process the added books.

4) Open one of the new books. Enjoy your award.
The fully loaded award is on my kobo app that is on my iPhone. All is says is to add some books from out side my kobo library. I did what unsaid but the award is still grey on my iPhone.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #444
the reader2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't seem to have that listed on my device. What are the instructions displayed when you view the award?
It just says to add books from outside my kobo library and the award is on my iPhone kobo app.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:39 AM   #445
TicklishOwl

Quote:
The fully loaded award is on my kobo app that is on my iPhone. All is says is to add some books from out side my kobo library. I did what unsaid but the award is still grey on my iPhone.
I created a new Kobo account and installed the app on my iPad to try to get the award. I side-loaded 100 pdfs and 100 epubs from FeedBooks and Project Gutenberg using iTunes. No go. Then I added more books from iCloud Drive, Dropbox, email attachments, and downloaded with Mobile Safari... nothing worked.

I also couldn't get All You Can Eat, which should have triggered with so many books in the app.

I'm stumped. Either there is a bug in the current app, or I'm loosing my mind. Possibly both.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #446
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I've noticed delays in the awards that do eventually complete. It makes me wonder if there is something happening on a Kobo server instead of on the device itself. I've had an easier time completing awards on my iPad, but that was years ago! I've had a much more difficult time competing them on my KA1. The Kobo doesn't recognize that the event criteria are being fulfilled. This is either a failure in the software or a problem on their end. Since your iPad isn't completing awards as well as my KA1, it may be that Kobo isn't supporting the program anymore.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:48 AM   #447
TicklishOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Since your iPad isn't completing awards as well as my KA1, it may be that Kobo isn't supporting the program anymore.
Ah, good point. I completed all the awards years ago, so it's possible. I only created the new account and installed the Kobo app to try to help reader2012. I've deleted the app, so I don't know if the award was delayed, either. Hopefully reader2012 will let us know if their award shows up!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #448
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
I'd like know how many awards you guys have there to unlock in your kobo touches. Cuz mine just have 17 awards to be unlocked.

Last edited by Blas; 08-11-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #449
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My Aura ONE is showing 18 awards, the Aura H2O has 16. I don't have the other devices with me to check what they show, but I'm sure the Touch had more. I can see another 10 or so in the database that are hidden. From memory, some of the awards don't show until others have been awarded. And some only show on particular devices or apps. Others were only available for a period of time related to some sort of promotion. Don't ask me which is which, as I haven't looked at them for ages.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:36 AM   #450
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
My Aura 6" (original) shows 19. My Aura HD, 18. Kobo App on the iPhone, 18 awards. Interestingly, the Aura HD shows I've earned the "Highly Decorated" award, which takes 20 awards to earn. The Aura 6" does not show that I've earned the same award, although they are from the same account. The level complete is different on each device.

The awards are interesting, but I really just read...
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch