Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #46
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
You can get minidigital lowres thingies for $14.00 a pop that clip to a keychain.
Or you could bribe someone with Karma!

C'mon let loose the journalist in you!

Anyone have a spare invisibility cloak?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #47
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
You never know what you might happen to stroll past in a hallway ... especially if you happen to get 'lost' looking for the bathroom.
Somebody's read too many thrillers, methinks.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #48
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Actually, that comment was most directly inspired by a recent Dark Angel rerun.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #49
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I don't want Charlie to get in trouble sneaking around the hallways at Amazon. He's got too many books (and blog entries) left to write.

But if you can convince them to show you the Kindle, informally, perhaps, go for it!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #50
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I guess they'll do an official unveiling IF they plan to release it anytime soon.
I sent a mail to amazon.de, but (very unusually for amazon) they did not reply at all.
Last time I asked them about ebooks about a year ago they sent a reply saying that they can't really comment, but this time they just ignored me.
Either their support is getting worse, or they were told not to answer any question relating to the Kindle and/or ebooks...
Sad really, because I always liked amazon.de a lot, not least because they were very responsive and had extremely good customer support...let's hope that has not changed.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #51
silvania
Enthusiast
silvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura about

Device: palm
So October 15 is very near... anyone care to make any predictions?

1. Will it still be released on October 15?
2. What will the price be? NY Times says USD 400 to 500.
silvania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #52
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think mainly that it is the unveiling that should be made on the 15th, not the sales launch. Take as an example the Asus EEE, it will probably be the same. My reason for thinking this way is that you can keep things under wrap during conception stages but when approaching manufacturing, with all the partners involved, things are much harder to keep secret. A launch is much easyer between those two stages.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #53
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
So. Today is the big day. Any news?
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:34 PM   #54
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple dave View Post
So. Today is the big day. Any news?
Other than the bits and pieces I've dug up, no news (yet).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #55
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I think we can call it a day...in germany it's long past closing hours and we certainly won't see any Kindle in europe today...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #56
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Hey is this going to be one of those situations where NatCh and the gang drop a message in the next few days detailing all the private meetings they have been having with the Amazon people and show us all the pics and specs.

Then they go on to mention how they have known about it for three weeks but due to NDA they couldn't tell us?!?!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #57
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Hey is this going to be one of those situations where NatCh and the gang drop a message in the next few days detailing all the private meetings they have been having with the Amazon people and show us all the pics and specs.

Then they go on to mention how they have known about it for three weeks but due to NDA they couldn't tell us?!?!
I doubt it. They all sounded thrilled about the trademark stuff I found.

Also, I doubt that Alexander would go to the Frankfurt book fair if he already knew the details on the Kindle. Now, if he learned the details there, that's different.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #58
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post

Good one! I just wish they could, MR is not that well known to the industry. Must be the logo.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #59
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I can tell you this. I'm not under NDA with Amazon about the Kindle. Wish I was!

If anyone from the Kindle team is reading this and wants to arrange for some publicity at rollout by providing a sample device and information, I'm available. Sounds to me like a win-win situation for both Amazon and the MobileRead community! ;-)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #60
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I thought about not replying, or just replying "no comment" ... but I just can't do that to y'all. So I'll join Bob in admitting a lack of Amazonion/Kindle-oid NDA upon me at the moment. I too wish it weren't so, and I also would be willing to bear that burden -- for the good of MobileRead, of course -- if it should come about at some future time.

Of course, part of the reason we're not could have something to do with posting all that leaked FCC info last year.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote