Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
skaquix
Member Retired
skaquix began at the beginning.

Device: none
b&n ebook store and book availability in Canada

I was just browsing the B&N store for ebooks, and many of the books that i'd be interested in buying show: "These items ship to U.S. addresses only"

Does this mean that I cannot purchase this book? At all? Seems kind of shortsighted to have international support in Canada, but limit the books available on the store...

I suppose i can go to the Sony Reader store, and buy the epubs there...but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the store available on the device itself.
skaquix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
crod
crod began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Read the other thread I started about the Nook in Canada. I have one and it works perfectly (except the 3G radio as we are not in the US). I can buy ebooks without any issues. Make sure you create an account with a fake US address and then simply add your Canadian credit card. That is what I did and it does work.

CR
crod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Got my nook in a first wave, initially had to go thru the VPN to purchase books, but lately I was able to "buy" free books with the canadian IP address no problem (but then, AT&T 3G is like 20 minutes away from me anyways).
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
djorourke
djorourke began at the beginning.

Device: nook
It's been my experience, that in the last few weeks, you can actually order books (from Canada) without issue. BN.com is still showing "These items ship to U.S. addresses only"
but I've been able to place orders without any problems.

Try it. It worked for me.
djorourke is offline   Reply With Quote