Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Digital Paper, Amazon Paperwhite
Suggestions for an engineer's ereader?

Hi All,

I've been reading mobileread.com for awhile but this is my first post.

I am looking for an ereader with very specific characteristics.

1. I need to be able to read a pdf on the ereader, highlight text, save, and then drag back to a PC without losing the pdf or highlights. Having text notes do the same thing would be awesome but I can compromise on this.

3. I need to drag MS Excel files onto the ereader, open the file and have the scripts useable to answer multiple choice questions and then move on to the next question.

Is there anything that can do this yet? I've been watching the ereader market for two years and I still do not know if a device with these qualities is available and user-friendly. I prefer an ereader over a tablet due to weight and battery life.

Cheers,
phil
mrpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Sorry but you're not looking for an ereader. You're looking for a tablet or an iPad (although you don't like weight and battery life).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

A lightweight tablet with an E-ink screen I can read on a long time, yes possibly.
At the moment, and for the last few months, my top ereader choice is the Alex. However I cannot get any. real feedback on how interactive the Alex is with pdf's. If I could find out if I can do these PDF features, I would probably buy one. If the price was less, I would definetely but one.
Cheers,
Phil
Old 06-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
mrpotts
Connoisseur

This isn't getting much play so I am going to repost but focus only on the PDF features as that is the important ones to me.
Phil