Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Robert, you do know that because fry's won't ship the EZ Reader, you are losing lots of sales in the US. Will they ship this 5" device or will you lose sales because of frys once again?

Quote:
OH, it includes a crush-resistant LEATHER case the others always forget.
Also, Sony does give a perfectly good case with their readers.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I'm on for a slate blue reader as well.

4-6 weeks for pre-order? *pouts* I don't wanna wait!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #18
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Please pardon me if you've answered this on other threads but I have a few questions about features. Does it support the following:

-Folders/Tags or some sort of content organization beyond simple sorting.
-Content search.
-Dictionary lookup.

Thanks. At any rate it's nice to see low-priced options that will read ADE. It helps people take advantage of library resources.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
How long has the EX Reader Basic been out, exactly? Your own site calls it "New" ....
We started selling the EZ Reader Basic about six months ago on our own website. If memory serves me, however, FRY's Electronics picked it up three months ago (they were the first retailer) and it really hit their stores about 9 weeks ago. SO... it is still pretty new and up-to-date. To the majority of the public it has been out two-three months.
I see.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick nits, but in light of the shortness of the time-frames involved, six months and three months, the claims about reliability strike me as a bit ... let's go with "premature" -- that is, unless you've sold really huge numbers of them, both directly and through Fry's, in that time ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What is the actual width and height of the screen's document viewing area in pixels and in cm or inches?

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
What is the actual width and height of the screen's document viewing area in pixels and in cm or inches?

- Ahi
Like all of the other 5" E-Ink devices, 3" x 4", 600x800 pixels.
By comparison the jetbook is 480x640 pixels.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thank you for all great questions!! Answers here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
Hey Robertb,

To be honest this morning I was pretty much settled on the sony prs-505 and was just waiting to purchase until I could get the blue one in canada. However this post has got me thinking all over again. The 5" pocket pro sounds like a very versatile reader. And if it's going to be a bit until I actually order a reader I think I am going to have to follow your updates more closely. I have only a few quick questions.
1. Will you ship to Canada? (most important)
2. Do you expect to be shipping units by August? (my wife has been hinting a reader may be my anniversary gift)
3. And do you know what file formats it will support yet? (sorry if this was stated but I didn't see it anywhere.)

Thanks again and I can't wait until you get your site up and running
Mike
Dear All:

I am really pleased that you are as excited as I am about this Pocket PRO. BUT... it just got BETTER!!

I just saw the first specs and the surprises are great!!

READ my blog today: robertbEZ.blogspot.com
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #23
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

I am really pleased that you are as excited as I am about this Pocket PRO. BUT... it just got BETTER!!
How could it get better? Does it also make julienne fries?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #24
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

dont forget vegans and vegetarians - you can please us and get us on board with your brand by making non leather cases - and save money for yourselves!

a nice range of colours in some other material would be awesome.
etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Wow!

8 levels of grey scale!!
Super-Fast Epson Controller
800 by 600 pixels. Displays both vertically and horizontally!
User-replace rechargeable battery - Li-ion 1000mAh.
SD card slot supports 16GB!
512MB SD RAM embedded
It stores and plays MP3 with a WORKING equalizer
It comes ported with Adobe Digital Editions!!
You can add Fictionwise eReader when the SDK is done.

It supports: txt, pdf, doc, chm, wol, rar, zip, jpg, bmp, tiff, fb2, djvu, gif, epub, html, ppt, prc, pdb, MP3.

Offered in 6 colors: black, tanish white, lime green, slate blue, brown maroon, and a violet (pink and purple).

It takes a while to do 6 color samples, get them approved, and then go into plastic production. Release is estimated in two months. Pre-order waiting list in about 6 weeks.

Price will be between $199 and $209 (sometimes on sale and sometimes not).

Includes a quality LEATHER Crush-Resistant case, ear buds, AC charger, wrist leash, and USB cable.
Wow, so, lemme understand this. RAR and ZIP means CBR and CBZ, correct?
What about user-created folder support? If not, would this be available in a future ... upgrade thingy? (brian malfunction, someone cast Mindtrip on me)
Old 06-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #26
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

cbz and cbr support is a feature so sweet i've never allowed myself to dream of it - good for manga on a small reader or any graphic novels on a large one
etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #27
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherspin View Post
cbz and cbr support is a feature so sweet i've never allowed myself to dream of it - good for manga on a small reader or any graphic novels on a large one
I think that's what CBR and CBZ is.

CBR = Comic RAR
CBZ = Comic ZIP

But I am not sure. If anyone knows for sure, I'd like some verification.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With an even smaller screen, most comics are not going to be all that readable when the pages are reduced down to the screen size.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #29
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I think that's what CBR and CBZ is.

CBR = Comic RAR
CBZ = Comic ZIP

But I am not sure. If anyone knows for sure, I'd like some verification.
Yes .
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #30
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Good to know that I'm not TOTALLY nuts.

Although Technically, I think it's Comic BOOK Rar and Zip, respectively.