Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #31
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Just did a Google check and it was a UK No. 2 in October 1981.
Damn. I must have been older then.
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #32
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Just did a Google check and it was a UK No. 2 in October 1981.
50 million brides couldn't be wrong!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i LOVE the old batman show !!!

holy kitsch, batman !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #34
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
That's nana nana nana nana BATMAN!
I think you'll find it was "dinna dinna dinna dinna, dinna dinna dinna dinna BATMAN!!" - as in the old joke 'How did Batman's mum call him in for his dinner?'!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #35
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I think you'll find it was "dinna dinna dinna dinna, dinna dinna dinna dinna BATMAN!!" - as in the old joke 'How did Batman's mum call him in for his dinner?'!
Of course! How could I forget?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #36
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I'll Bob 796
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #37
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I'll Bob 796
Very good - and there was me thinking I was immune
Old 05-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #38
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Desert Grandma = Deranged Smart
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
and to get back on topic (sorry, i was working earlier and i completely missed this) that song is called the ducks dance in french too (la danse des canards) and i think it even has words (but after "c'est la danse des canards" i'm drawing a blank) and it is also played here at weddings. why, i really have no idea. just thought i'd share that little bit of cultural trivia to make us all feel we're part of one big universal family.

Quote:
No wedding in the US would be complete without it. Seriously. It's played and danced repeatedly at every wedding reception. I personally love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StDo View Post
Sorry. Music was not my first love...

Birdie Song - in german it is Ententanz (=ducks dance)

Did it last time ... hm ... when I was 4 years old...
sorry ! we now return you to your regularly scheduled anagram / oompah music / adam west batman thread !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #40
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As far as I know, the only anagram for "Marc" is "Cram" (which, as I'm sure you are all similarly familiar with with your own, is my name backwards).

I don't know of any anagrams for "Montsnmags", however I believe there are tens of thousands for "Montsnmags Enterprises" one of which is "Temp strangeness is norm" - by coincidence the warning label on the Party Transport Carriage.

For "Adrian" there are a few, but I'm pretty sure that the only relevant note to make here is that in the mostly silent language of significant stares and projectile impacts used by invisible gibbons, "Marc" is an anagram of "Adrian" (but, somehow, the reverse isn't true).

Cheers,
Cram
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #41
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Desert Grandma = Deranged Smart

Wait................What??
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #42
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

desertgrandma ....

gardened smart ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #43
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Maybe you'd be happier with Danged Smarter?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #44
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
That's wrong, it goes nana-nana-nana-uh, nana-nana-nana-off (repeat) then nanananana-na.
Somewhere, from the depths of a safely sealed memory of a mis-spent youth (yea, I wish), a little numskull is desparately shouting out what, muffled as it is by the barricaded doors, sounds like "Kill Me Mini-ogre". Worringly, this has triggered another to shout out about a small, green absynthe fairy and the Moulin Rouge. I shall actively avoid finding out what is currently going on in the memory department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I don't know of any anagrams for "Montsnmags", however I believe there are tens of thousands for "Montsnmags Enterprises" one of which is "Temp strangeness is norm" - by coincidence the warning label on the Party Transport Carriage.
It is interesting to note that that it can be transformed into "Snags Mont M"; perhaps a warning to climbers (though whether or not any have tried to climb Mont M is unknown and wikipedia stays strangely silent on this point). Also, somewhat ironically, part of Montsnmags is "nags not", for those who have received underdue bill reminders (which strangely always arrive before you even contemplate the purchase for which they demand payment). And exactly whether or not it implies the real identity is Tom S G Manns, I leave up to you.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #45
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Hey montsnmags, have you ever been to Gnat Moss MN.?
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote