Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Yes - of course "Wood for the trees" springs to mind.

OK, tell me: Is the chicken dance a polka? I ask, because every time I go to a German festival or whatever, they slip it in amongst the polkas.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Errm...excuse my ignorance, but what's the chicken dance?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #18
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Nananana-nana-na...

Never heard that?
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #19
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StDo View Post
Nananana-nana-na...

Never heard that?
Sorry, I'm tone deaf - what key is that in?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

OK, tell me: Is the chicken dance a polka? I ask, because every time I go to a German festival or whatever, they slip it in amongst the polkas.
No it isn't. It's ...hm...how do the americans call it: "oompah music"?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Two examples:

Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Oh yes - I do know that song - awful isn't it!

I'm no musical expert, but it certainly doesn't sound like a polka to me
Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's wrong, it goes nana-nana-nana-uh, nana-nana-nana-off (repeat) then nanananana-na.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #24
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
That's wrong, it goes nana-nana-nana-uh, nana-nana-nana-off (repeat) then nanananana-na.
Now - if he'd said that in the first place I'd have known it straight away!

It's called The Birdie Song - at least it is in the UK - and was a 'hit' over here for a group called The Tweets. One of those novelty songs which exercised an inexplicable hold over the British public for a while.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #25
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:

It's called The Birdie Song - at least it is in the UK - and was a 'hit' over here for a group called The Tweets. One of those novelty songs which exercised an inexplicable hold over the British public for a while.
No wedding in the US would be complete without it. Seriously. It's played and danced repeatedly at every wedding reception. I personally love it!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #26
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
No wedding in the US would be complete without it. Seriously. It's played and danced repeatedly at every wedding reception. I personally love it!
I guess at a social occasion its one of those tunes that gets everybody dancing together and is a good laugh.

I'd suggest its not one to listen to on your own at home though?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #27
StDo
Translating Calibre...

Quote:
Sorry. Music was not my first love...

Birdie Song - in german it is Ententanz (=ducks dance)

Did it last time ... hm ... when I was 4 years old...
Old 05-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #28
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Isn't that the theme song from that old batman tv show, the one with Adam West?
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #29
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StDo View Post
Sorry. Music was not my first love...

Birdie Song - in german it is Ententanz (=ducks dance)

Did it last time ... hm ... when I was 4 years old...
Just did a Google check and it was a UK No. 2 in October 1981.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #30
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Isn't that the theme song from that old batman tv show, the one with Adam West?
That's nana nana nana nana BATMAN!