Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
fud
fud began at the beginning.

Device: None
Sony 505 in Australia.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a site for me buying a Sony reader 505 in Australia? I notice a few posts on here offering discounts but most seem to ship to the USA only.
fud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fud View Post
Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a site for me buying a Sony reader 505 in Australia? I notice a few posts on here offering discounts but most seem to ship to the USA only.
People from Oz have purchased from B&H with no problems, and B&H has a fine reputation amongst photographers worldwide.

I don't know if they're offering any discounts at the moment, but they have previously.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Hey Fud

I got mine from e-bay, it came from the States but the shipping was well priced and it was delivered really quickly.

Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #4
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
I bought mine from ebay. Including freight it cost me AU$450. I just picked a seller with a high rating.

Here are my thoughts:

http://bookbook.com.au/2008/01/23/so...-in-australia/
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
CraigMBeckett
CraigMBeckett has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader 505
I also got mine through Ebay. Also picked a seller with a good reputation. Absolutely no problems.

Best of luck.

Craig.
CraigMBeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #6
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've bought two Sony Readers off eBay and both arrived promptly in perfect condition.

For my PRS-505 I paid $330 (US$290) and $45 shipping. I think that is a bit cheaper than B&H but not by much.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote