Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
sonofpendragon
Member Retired
sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonofpendragon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Tracy Morait's Goalden Girl

Although it could never be a blockbuster, the theme / plot settings etc are far from representing the desired elements, it would nevertheless make a good moderate-budget movie.

Goalden Girl is a footy story; the writer is a lady, the star of the team in the book is a girl, and it all fits together very well, and as you read you can actually visualise the plot on screen, and not just stuck to the pages.

There's the basic plot of a girl, Gemma Sutherland, who moves to a new school, where shock and horror, no footy for girls, which is a blow as Gemma was the star of the girl's team in her old school. The thing is though, Gemma the girl is lovely and practical and even a little acid-tongued when need be, all in one go, and it all reads so well, that a screen writer would consider him or herself to be on a working holiday if they got this job.

I suppose, to get a better idea of what I am trying to say, then think Gregory's Girl, and although not the same at all in terms of plot, it has the same spirit, and that's why I am sure it would make a good solid British movie. I am not shamelessly plugging this as such, but, seeing as I've mentioned it, then may as well say where it is available, it's on Kindle, and doing very well to boot.
sonofpendragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, independent authors, movie