Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
sickenmcsluggets
sickenmcsluggets began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
300 Went the Way of King Leonidas

Was syncing my morning news with Calibre, and after ejecting reader via Calibre and safely removing drive, my PRS-300 is no more. I've done hard resets, soft resets, powering down, long button presses, short button presses, usb reconnection. The hard reset brought my PRS-300 back about 5 months ago, but nothing is working this time. I wonder if the daily news syncing versus occasional book syncing is harder on the memory or what. Its stuck on the factory restoration screen, and will not let me press 5, return, or power down. It lasted me just over a year of constant use and abuse. R.I.P. Now to decide if I want to get the PRS-350.

http://youtu.be/R-6M5FukAoE
sickenmcsluggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Do you have a wall charger? Or plug it into your computer. Plug it in and leave it alone. My 505 used to do that occasionally, and a nice long peaceful charge always worked. In a couple of hours, pull the plug and see what happens.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
sickenmcsluggets
sickenmcsluggets began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
a nice long peaceful charge always worked. In a couple of hours, pull the plug and see what happens.
Will try this out...definitely worth a try, thanks! Off to the gym while this (hopefully) recharges.
sickenmcsluggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, prs-300, reader