Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thumbs up Well that was a pleasant surprise!

I bought a Kobo wifi for my son from a closing borders. They explicitly said "no returns".

Sure enough, a few weeks later my son managed to mangle the screen - he things it got mashed in his bag.

Given the circumstances of the purchase, I figured it was a loss.

So, I gave him my old Sony reader and, on a whim, contacted Kobo to get an estimate on a repair. They said they'd send me an RMA box to return the reader, and I put it out of my head.

Today the RMA box showed up, with another Kobo in it.

Very nice.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
That's fantastic! I love hearing about companies that offer great customer service.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
Nice, looks like they're taking a page from Amazon's book. This is what you expect from Amazon; it's nice to see Kobo stepping up. Makes me feel a lot better about buying a Kobo.
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Well, the difference is, you bought the device from Borders, but contacted Kobo about the reader. They are two different companies. Borders does not take returns on the Kobo reader, as my sister discovered a few weeks ago. However, Kobo does, and will continue to do so, even if Borders does disappear. My sister was rather upset, but once I explained to my sister that Kobo is the company that makes the reader, she contacted them, and after a short phone conversation that I witnessed, she received a new reader in the mail a few days later.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
Lizzie998
Lizzie998 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I had the same experience. I thought Kobo were just going to send me a box so I could send my Kobo back to them to be repaired and when the box arrived it had a new Kobo in it! Well done Kobo customer support!
Lizzie998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert