Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2016, 04:06 PM   #2461
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What problems do you have?
It would really help to know what it is that you want to fix.
Thanks only had to reinstall hacks, where could I open a thread to ask for a dominoes game ported to kindle, there were 2 on kindle store, but now they´ve blocked active content I would like to install one dominoes game, I know there are already some of them on linux, so where to ask for developers, I can donate to develop them, I know some programming stuff but not so much on linux neither enough time, here are many experienced and talented people, Thanx again everybody!!
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #2462
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur

Another question, how to make bigger to play games like Klondike, Mahong, Freecell on my PW3? There are opened ok but too small, I think because they were initially released with kindle devices with lower resolution 167ppp, so how to make them work on 300ppp resolution ??
Advert
Old 08-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #2463
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoralvarez View Post

Another question, how to make bigger to play games like Klondike, Mahong, Freecell on my PW3? There are opened ok but too small, I think because they were initially released with kindle devices with lower resolution 167ppp, so how to make them work on 300ppp resolution ??
Please start a new thread with this question.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:43 PM   #2464
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur

Lightbulb Games 300ppp and Domino game Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Please start a new thread with this question.
Moved to here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277266
Old 08-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #2465
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@zxczxc: Unfortunately for you, enabling SSH over WiFi disables all the nice "letting you in anyway" stuff.

If you had some way of modifying the userstore, you could easily disable this safety precaution and get in that way over WiFi, but without data or shell, that seems unfortunately not applicable to your predicament...

And unfortunately again, the framework account is *also* locked on recent FW versions, which might explain why you can't get in that way.

OTOH, I can't really think of a good solution. Unless you have the RP/CRP installed, and there is some way to do SSH over WiFi in diags?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #2466
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@zxczxc: Unfortunately for you, enabling SSH over WiFi disables all the nice "letting you in anyway" stuff.

If you had some way of modifying the userstore, you could easily disable this safety precaution and get in that way over WiFi, but without data or shell, that seems unfortunately not applicable to your predicament...

And unfortunately again, the framework account is *also* locked on recent FW versions, which might explain why you can't get in that way.

OTOH, I can't really think of a good solution. Unless you have the RP/CRP installed, and there is some way to do SSH over WiFi in diags?
Don't worry about it NiLuJe - thanks for the support.
I forget if I have the recovery pack installed. I set this up around when PW1 came out!
I'll have to try out serial access in a while.

Just one thing, was this removed or something?
Code:
un; password newpass
Or am I not understanding what it does?
Because as I said in my earlier posts, I came across some older posts with users using it, but for me it didn't seem to change the root password.
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:07 PM   #2467
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
- - - - -
Just one thing, was this removed or something?
Code:
un; password newpass
Or am I not understanding what it does?
Because as I said in my earlier posts, I came across some older posts with users using it, but for me it didn't seem to change the root password.
Disappeared long ago, in 5.1.2 if IIRC
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #2468
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Never actually was in my own USBNet implementation, that was in yifan's .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #2469
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Disappeared long ago, in 5.1.2 if IIRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Never actually was in my own USBNet implementation, that was in yifan's .
Aha, that's cleared up now! Thanks.
(Maybe an idea to add it, but I guess the future use cases would be so small, don't worry about it. Not worth the time.)
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #2470
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
Aha, that's cleared up now! Thanks.
(Maybe an idea to add it, but I guess the future use cases would be so small, don't worry about it. Not worth the time.)
I think it is still in the factory_<model>_<version>.initial update packages.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #2471
tterrellbanks
tterrellbanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura; Kindle Paperwhite 1
I'm Lost and Need Help

I've spent time the last few days trying to figure out what I need to do; no success, if anything I'm more confused now than when I started.

Here's my situation. I have a PW1. Jailbroke some years ago, use ixtab's Collection Manager in conjunction with Calibre. All used to work fine. Some time recently either I (in a fit of madness) did something to turn airplane mode off, or something else happened. Amazon in their infinate wisdom updated/changed something in my Kindle. Now I'm seeing stuff that I think related to online collections management and I've got stuff at the top of the screen with options for seeing Online or On the Device (on the left), etc.. Previously when I sideloaded books from Calibre they showed up on the home screen until I imported the collections from calibre with Collecitons Manager and the went into the correct collection and left the home screen.

Now if I select sort order (on the right dropdown) of anything except Collections, I see all 800+ books on the home screen as well as in the correct collections. When I select Collection as the sort order all that I see are the collections.

If anyone recognizes this and has a reasonable fix I'l love it. However I suspect that I need to down my Kindle's firmware and reinstall everything to get back where I need to be.

My first issue is that I can't tell for sure what to download and what order in which to do things. My device info screen is shown below. I can read and follow directions pretty good once I figure out or find out which directions to follow. Any guidelines/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TTBanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Device Info - PW(1).jpg
Views:	231
Size:	620.4 KB
ID:	151415  
tterrellbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #2472
knc1
Going Viral

You are now on 5.3.6 - So say: Thank you Amazon (for trashing your custom setup).

MUST you have ixtab's Collection Manager or can you instead use Calibre + LibrarianSync?
eschwartz is the person who can describe that combination the best.

The answer to that question will determine if you need to downgrade, and what you need to downgrade to.

The current version for a PW1 is 5.6.1.1 - - So keep Airplane Mode On while deciding what to do about getting your custom setup back - without getting another "gift" from Amazon.

Last edited by knc1; 09-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #2473
tterrellbanks
tterrellbanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura; Kindle Paperwhite 1
Yes, I've got Collection Manager from ixtab -- see third line in original post. And it worked fine.

It's the Home Screen display that now appears to be messed up. To me it looks like Amazons Online Collections Management process is what did it. Hence the downgrade to before that came to be.

TB
tterrellbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #2474
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tterrellbanks View Post
Yes, I've got Collection Manager from ixtab -- see third line in original post. And it worked fine.

It's the Home Screen display that now appears to be messed up. To me it looks like Amazons Online Collections Management process is what did it. Hence the downgrade to before that came to be.

TB
Right!

Perhaps my sentence did not translate properly, I will try again:
Will you accept an alternative to Collection Manager from ixtab?
Old 09-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #2475
nikseldon
nikseldon began at the beginning.

Jailbroken!

Thanks guys! Using this guide I downgraded my PW1 to 5.3.3 and then used kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N to jailbreak and it worked perfectly fine!

Should I now stay offline in order to avoid a forced update that might affect this jailbreak?
nikseldon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch