Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #61
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I have a Kindle3, Kobo and a iPad. I read on all three, different types of material. My Kindle I use for my own library, Kobo for library and iPad for magazines, comics, cookbooks and Illustrated novels.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #62
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Do you get tired of using the same ebook reader after reading many books on it, and secretly yearn to get a different reader, just so you have something different to play with?
Let's rephrase that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Do you get tired of using the same gadget after reading many books on it, and secretly yearn to get a different gadget, just so you have something different to play with?
In that case: yes! I love gadgets! I love something new to play with But not because I'm tired of holding my current gadgets. If I'd buy a new reader, I'd probably still be reading mostly on the three I mainly use.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #63
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
With respect, this seems like asking if I get tired of using the same hand to write, or the same mouth to eat a sandwich.

IOW, the last thing I'm thinking about, when reading a good book, is the device I'm using to read.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #64
theGsayeth
bling bling
theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: amazon kindle
I only have a Kindle 3 and I never get tired of reading on it.
theGsayeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #65
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Does Tom Brady get tired of having sex with what's her name?

Hmm, maybe not the best analogy.

I put on different screensavers on my kindle to mix it up. I recently switched to a new font. Keep the excitement alive
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #66
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I must like variety since I have 3 types of devices (though I think it was mostly trying to find a device that fits my needs better). But since I got my Sony 350 I really prefer reading with it. The only reason I go back to the other 2 is because I still have books on them to read. Once I'm done I'll find new homes for them.

I know many people here love their Kindles & they are a nice device, but I find myself getting annoyed with the page buttons & keyboard. I seem to flip pages & hit buttons more than I would like. I don't have as much trouble with my Sony. Of course I'm not knocking any other device, I just find the Sony fits my needs better.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #67
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Right now, I do have an itch to try and get a Kobo from borders while they're going out, since they're so cheap, and I want to see the Pearl displays. But, generally speaking, no, really am fine with keeping my 505. The content is what matters.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #68
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kobos don't have Pearl displays. Only Kindle 3 and Sony x50 do until now. New devices will come featuring Pearl displays as the exclusive contract is ending, but up to now you will have to go for a new Sony. 350 are being sold right now at BestBuy for 119$.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #69
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
No.

I am comfortable with what I know.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #70
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I don't get tired of my e-readers (Sony PRS-300, Android phone) due to reading on them too much. But as a nerd at heart, I do get bit by the "new gadget" bug every now and then - absolutely!

But so far, I've resisted. I've only done two upgrades - one to a PRS-300 when Sony trashed my old PRS-500 in the process of "upgrading" the firmware for ePub, and the other to my new Android phone instead of my old iPaq PDA, since the phone does everything my old PDA did, and makes calls (sort of) too.

With that said, I've bought e-readers for husband, son, dad, and one of my girlfriends, and so I've still gotten to indulge that "new gadget" bug a bit
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #71
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I never get bored! One of the things I love about the kindle is that every book looks the same. I like having identical text size, font, word and line spacing. Everything is uniform and therefore very comfortable for me. When I used to use my Sony reader I couldn't achieve this uniformity. I've also become accustomed to the look, feel, weight etc of my kindle and it's menu system. Wouldn't want anything else. Since I've had my kindle 3 I haven't read anything on my prs-300 or my iPhone. It's funny because when I decided to buy the K3, apart from convincing myself that I needed all the additional features it had over my K3, I also said that I would still use my Sony reader so it wouldn't have been a waste of money. Now it just sits in a draw.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 04-11-2011 at 03:47 PM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #72
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm quite happy with my reader. I will certainly get another one in a year or two, when some new features are available, such as color e-ink, wifi, a bigger screen maybe and so on.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #73
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Kobos don't have Pearl displays. Only Kindle 3 and Sony x50 do until now. New devices will come featuring Pearl displays as the exclusive contract is ending, but up to now you will have to go for a new Sony. 350 are being sold right now at BestBuy for 119$.
Wow, surprising then. The wifi Kobo's I've seen have a really crisp display compared to my 505, so I assumed it had a Pearl display.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #74
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Wow, surprising then. The wifi Kobo's I've seen have a really crisp display compared to my 505, so I assumed it had a Pearl display.
The new Kobo WiFi does look nice on the store displays. When not looking at them side by side I would swear that the display on the Kobos at the store looks as nice as my K3... I think that they've done a good job with the UI and use of shading. That said, it does feel more cheaply made, but I still wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I didn't already have my K3.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #75
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
no, I'm perfectly happy with my choice of E-reader. I don't have a lot of money available to go bouncing from device to device.

No, I love my Jetbook and see no reason to buy anything else.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote