Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #46
rePete
Connoisseur
rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Pandigital Novel
No. I have a cover for my reader that I can leave open so the thing feels like a book or fold it back and under. It's padded so it's comfortable to hold hours on end.
rePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #47
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Nope.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #48
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Not at all. But I have bought a Tab and a Thunderbolt lately. But I don't read books on them (although I could).
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #49
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
My hands are evolving to better hold the Kindle3.

Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #50
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
No I don't, I have only had my Kobo for 4mths. I doubt I will get bored of it anytime soon. I have no desire to buy another ereader at all, not that I can afford to anyway.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #51
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I do go between the Nook and the Sony, but not really bwcause I get tired of one or the other. I simply love both of them, and want to use both them, but if one was taken away from me it wouldn't be much of a problem.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #52
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Do you get tired of using the same ebook reader after reading many books on it, and secretly yearn to get a different reader, just so you have something different to play with?
No. I did my "research" ahead of time and picked the one I felt was the right one for me. Well, to be honest I just compared the Kindle & the Nook - I didn't even know there were other e-readers at the time. Now that I know better, I'm still happy with my Kindle.

Hubby, on the other hand, loves gadgets and is considering getting a Nook: 1. Just to have it and 2: for its library capability. We may go the used route for it though. He just doesn't want to go on e-bay.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #53
minspargal
Enthusiast
minspargal doesn't litterminspargal doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
No, love reading on my Sony 350.
minspargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #54
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I have no desire to get another reader. When I get tired of my reader, I read a pbook. By the end of the book I'm craving my reader again.

I have loaded a custom font on my reader that I use for nearly all my books. Sometimes I feel I might be getting tired of it and I should try a different font. But I haven't gotten around to it.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #55
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
*** Do you get tired of using the same ebook reader over and over? ***

Never. It's one of my best pals. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #56
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I have a several different choices but actually it's rather annoying to switch off my Kindle 3 to a different one because my fingers are so muscle memory trained in the placement of the Kindle 3 buttons that it is distracting to move to a different device.

I do change out my screen saver pictures and sometimes put a decal girl sticker on it though - just to freshen up the look I guess.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #57
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
I haven't had my reader for long yet, but I don't expect I will... When I have to switch computers or mobile phones or anything vaguely gadget-like I do not enjoy having to get used to all the things that changed.
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #58
garrybuck
Connoisseur
garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kindle
Not at all. I'm a gadget geek and I like having the latest toys. But reading is different. For me it's about loosing myself in the story. All I want from the technology (Kindle, dead tree, whatever) is that it be 'invisible'. The moment it starts calling attention to itself, it's a distraction.
garrybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #59
rogerVA
Connoisseur
rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle 3
All I've ever had is my Kindle and I don't long for another reader. It's what I'm reading that matters, not what I'm reading on. Now if I had a reader that made reading uncomfortable, yeah, I'd probably like to try others, but this Kindle is very much like reading a regular book.
rogerVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #60
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
No; the reverse is true for me too - I have all the settings the way I like them, I don't want them changed.

It's the content I want to change.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote