Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #31
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
I kinda miss the newness of book covers when starting a new book, but that newness is very brief anyway. I plan on just swapping back and forth between a couple different device covers to signify a different book.

Quote:
To me, this is like asking if you are tired of editing documents on the same computer all the time. The ereader is a tool.
True, but it's still largely a leisure device rather than a productivity one, so I think the psychology of aesthetics is a little different in that regard.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #32
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
If I buy something, it is for a specific purpose and I make due or stay happy with it. Yes it is nice to get new toys but that is a luxury that I rarely have a chance at.
The more you complain about what you got, the less happy you will be with life.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #33
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Ye gods NO!
same as some posts above - goldilocks syndrome:
the device I got is perfect for me - the most newer ones have only stuff added I think of as useless or needless crap. the changes I'd like to have would need to happen either on the firmware side (so no need to change the device) or are something to come in 2 or 3 eink generations past now (more speed and tabbed browsing of multiple textbooks)

Apart from that its a tool - the content counts if the tool's fine there's no need to change
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #34
thaigreg
Connoisseur
thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.

Device: BeBook/JBL/Kindle 3
I like to rotate reading books on all my readers and with Calibre it makes it possible.

Greg
thaigreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #35
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I wouldn't say I was tired of using my K1 but I did upgrade to the DXG. I like the larger screen and all the fun new capabilities that come with the DXG.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #36
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My ereader "disappears" entirely when I'm reading with it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #37
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My ereader "disappears" entirely when I'm reading with it.
Absolutely.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #38
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I have 2 e-readers (Nook & Kindle3) but not because I got tired of reading with just one reader. I prefer the Nook because of the swipe page turn & touch keyboard, but like the Kindle because of the weight & battery. The reason I got the Kindle is because for quite some time B&N wasn't providing nor giving deals on the type of books I wanted to read. That's changed now.

I do enjoy reading on two different readers though.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #39
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Do you get tired of using the same ebook reader after reading many books on it, and secretly yearn to get a different reader, just so you have something different to play with?

At least, with a paper book, you get to hold a fresh book with a somewhat different form (different cover, thickness, font etc) in your hand after you are done with one.
No. I'm pretty pragmatic, so longevity is something I look for with almost any purchase. I loathe it that so many electronics either break or are out of date before people have received fair value from them. I also dislike the trend in society to replace something because some other new thing has come along.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #40
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Considering that I still have some things that I bought in 1975 (and they still work), I'd say no, I don't feel the need to swap out my ereader at the drop of a hat.

I don't understand these fickle kids these days
(Note the smiley and don't get bent out of shape)

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:12 AM   #41
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
For me starting a new book was kind of a celebration. I changed my bed linnen, put on fresh pyjamas and then, ah, opened my brand new book... you have to know that I only bought smythe-sewn, ivory colored, thin papered books for a fortune each!

Now I have a clean, crisp device everytime I grab for it. The pages are always fresh. No one has touched it with their sticky fingers. The leather cover makes it a sensation to hold in your hands.

No, it casts its spell everytime I reach for it and will do so for a very long time.

I am known to love my stuff and handle it with care. A pair of sunglasses will get 20 year of wear with me, as has my watch, I still own kitchen stuff I bought for my first flat in 1983 and my furniture are antiques. For me it pays to pay a bit more, because I tend to get a lot of mileage out of my belongings.

No, it won't bore me. The reason I look out for another one is enhanced features, but not boredom.

Poppaea
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #42
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I don't get tired of using the same reader over and over again. I am getting tired of the reader itself because I've found my needs have changed.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #43
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaigreg View Post
I like to rotate reading books on all my readers and with Calibre it makes it possible.

Greg
Yes, me too. I don't necessarily get tired of a reader, but I do enjoy being about to use a different reader. I like variety.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #44
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I don't get tired of using the same reader over and over again. I am getting tired of the reader itself because I've found my needs have changed.
That's what I found too. My first reader had buttons only and those attached to the right which made it uncomfy to read in bed and change hands/sides. So I bought a Sony PRS-350 with touchscreen. It made a huge difference.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #45
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
That's what I found too. My first reader had buttons only and those attached to the right which made it uncomfy to read in bed and change hands/sides. So I bought a Sony PRS-350 with touchscreen. It made a huge difference.
I've my heart set on a Kindle 3, someday...
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote