Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #181
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
At the moment there is no "Save preferences" stuff, maybe I'll add later with the GUI rewrite.
Can you send me the mobi AND the epub with the random page? The first one should always be the cover, I wonder if it's an issue on the Paperwhite only... which options did you check/uncheck?
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #182
plittlefield
plittlefield began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
At the moment there is no "Save preferences" stuff, maybe I'll add later with the GUI rewrite.
Can you send me the mobi AND the epub with the random page? The first one should always be the cover, I wonder if it's an issue on the Paperwhite only... which options did you check/uncheck?
Hi ciromattia

I am away from the machine I used until tomorrow, but if you look at the picture on this wiki page of mine it will show you.

http://wiki.indie-it.com/index.php?title=Kindle

I can also send you the .epub and .mobi tomorrow... where shall I send them to? PM?

Thanks.

Paully
plittlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #183
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Yep, via PM is perfect
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #184
plittlefield

Right, I think PM with a 38M file is a no no. I will sort out somewhere to put it, then PM you the location.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #185
Tokuch
Tokuch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi ,

First of all thank you very much for the programs you ( two) created , i , now can enjoy reading manga on my Kindle PW .

But i bought i new laptop , windows 8 , and i cannot convert my jpg scan in mobi with both KCC or AWKCC . It says that some problems occured...

So i still use my old laptop who got vista to convert my scans to mobi with AWKCC ( because KCC the box ePUB only i cannot uncheck..)
Tokuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #186
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hard to say what is going wrong on your Win8 machine. When that error appear?

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-17-2013 at 08:16 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #187
Tokuch
Tokuch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I found the problem....it is due to my own negligence .
The scans jpg was in ''read only'' mode .. haha.

Thanks again for your amazing little porgram ( AWKCC ) .

Even if i only use AWKCC i want to notify that for KCC the box ePUB only i still cannot uncheck it . So, cannot have .mobi conversion with KCC.
Tokuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #188
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AWKCC will be soon merged with KCC so that issue will disappear.

Anyway - nice catch.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #189
plittlefield

How can I use kcc.py in Linux to covert .cbr files to .mobi with gamma correction and keep page numbering?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #190
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Umm I don't understand your problem. Just use GUI and make sure that unrar and kindlegen is installed in your system.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #191
plittlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Umm I don't understand your problem. Just use GUI and make sure that unrar and kindlegen is installed in your system.
Hi AcidWeb

There is no problem with the GUI... it works great!

I woud just like to know if kindlegen has a command line version.

e.g

kindlegen --input filename.cbr --device=paperwhite --gamma 1.0 --stretch images --borders=black --output filename.mobi

That's all.

Keep up the great work...

..oh yes, did your colleague fix the random first page bug? (see thread above)..

Paully
Old 06-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #192
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Ah.
KindleGen only create MOBI files.

If you want use KCC from command line you need use comic2ebook script (Get KCC sources) and hit ready EPUB with KindleGen.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #193
plittlefield

Ah, wow, I wasn't far off my guess!

So I would run...

comic2ebook.py --profile=KHD --title="Comic Title" --gamma=1.0 --upscale --stretch --blackborders --nocutpagenumbers comic_file.cbr

kindlegen -o "Comic Title.mobi"

How does that look?

:-)

Paully

Which is the correct Profile for a Paperwhite? KDXG?
Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #194
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

comic2ebook.py --profile=KHD --title="Comic Title" --upscale --blackborders comic_file.cbr

kindlegen "Comic Title.mobi"
Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #195
ianderma
ianderma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I seem to have two problems using KCC.

1) When I convert a comic, I get an error saying 'No such file or directory' with as file name the mobi file. When I look for the result of the conversion, only an ePub file is available.

2) This ePub looks good, however, after every page, there's a blank page inserted. This means that the even pages are all blank, and the content is on the odd pages.

I'm using KCC on a Mac with the Kindle Paperwhite profile.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
ianderma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools