Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #32
William Moates
Zealot
William Moates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie / Sony Clie / Sony Reader
Yeah, and they shortened the book titles so they could save e-ink.
William Moates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It all adds up, you know.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #34
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I showed my Reader to the lady that is in charge of showing low vision folks the high tech gizmos at the Johns Hopkins Low Vision Center in Baltimore MD. She seemed mildly interested.

So far I have been unable to drum up support for the Reader in the low vision community.
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #35
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb1381
I showed my Reader to the lady that is in charge of showing low vision folks the high tech gizmos at the Johns Hopkins Low Vision Center in Baltimore MD. She seemed mildly interested.

So far I have been unable to drum up support for the Reader in the low vision community.
Did you show her the variety of sizes you can set with an RTF file? By using either MS Word or Wordpad or the free Open Office, you can greatly increase the font size, save as RTF and still use the reader for S, M & L. I ended up using 36 - 40 point size for my mother but her vision has degraded even further and reading is nearly impossible. What you might do is create a RTF file with a variety of font sizes to let her view & try.

Good luck.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #36
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
slayda,

Thanks, yeah, I did excitedly show her these options, and as I said she did seem somewhat interested. She jotted a note down. But she seemed disappointed that the tone and contrast could not be changed.

Another thing that might be prohibatitive to the VI is the table of contents and menu screens smallish print. Would be cool if one could boost that some more.
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote