Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
sircastor
Reader
sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505
Managing epub size/conversion

I'm working on converting a book for use on my reader. I got it in a CHM format and moved it out to HTML. The HTML output is a series of documents that I concatenated together into one HTML document to make a book, which in Calibre I then converted into epub.

The file is probably pretty big for a book, and it does have quite a few images in it. Right now, within the book it takes appx. 10 seconds between any kind of action. Turning pages, going through item TOC items. Very slow, obviously.

So I'm here to ask about the best methods for assembling html into a book. I've done my best to find more information about this, but haven't been very lucky. Can anyone offer any help?
sircastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sircastor View Post
I'm working on converting a book for use on my reader. I got it in a CHM format and moved it out to HTML. The HTML output is a series of documents that I concatenated together into one HTML document to make a book, which in Calibre I then converted into epub.

The file is probably pretty big for a book, and it does have quite a few images in it. Right now, within the book it takes appx. 10 seconds between any kind of action. Turning pages, going through item TOC items. Very slow, obviously.

So I'm here to ask about the best methods for assembling html into a book. I've done my best to find more information about this, but haven't been very lucky. Can anyone offer any help?
When you have a set of html files try just zipping them up into a zip intact in the same path they were before. Calibre is pretty good at putting them together.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert