Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #31
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast
TwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litterTwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
You know I think with the new design of the Kindle.. it being more sleek like the Sony Reader.. that it will have even more sales.. For the most part people here seem to have the Sony Reader 505 and a few have Kindles.. I think now that the Kindle number will go up.
I like sleek things.. it's such an improvement visually from the first one.
TwiSteDCBloSsoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiSteDCBloSsoM View Post
You know I think with the new design of the Kindle.. it being more sleek like the Sony Reader.. that it will have even more sales.. For the most part people here seem to have the Sony Reader 505 and a few have Kindles.. I think now that the Kindle number will go up.
I like sleek things.. it's such an improvement visually from the first one.
Again with the stupid 'design'! What about folders? No slot for memory card? No international access?

Cars on the road already look alike. Why must e-book readers follow the same road?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #33
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Maybe the covers are an attempt to cover up all that white.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
WHAT!?! No nice, environmentally-friendly canvas, silk or hemp cases? E-books are supposed to be green! Green! Why replace dead trees with dead cows?
Cows are a renewable resource. If not, I wouldn't have had that scrumptus T-Bone steak on the grill this weekend.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #35
DragonRider
DragonRider began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader
What I would like to know is whether the Patagonia cover will fit a Sony 505 with cover. Similar to how the Case Logic mp3 case fit the 500 with cover. No specs for size/fit either on Amazon or Patagonia's site.
DragonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #36
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Yeah, I know. Try finding shoes that fit without Dora the Explorer on them...Not that I have anything against Dora, but for a 42 year old woman it's a little hard to explain!

A girl's size 2 1/2 roughly translates into about a half to a full size smaller than a women's size 5. And for some reason, a girl's 4 is WAY too big.

Finding "grown up" shoes that fit me is an exercise in frustration.
Kid's sizes use the same scale as men's shoes. The numbers are 1.5-2 off of women's. So that size 4 in kids would be more like a 5.5 in women's. 2 1/2 is like a 4 in women's. Definitely a hard to find size unless you go to a specialty shop. Most women's lines don't even make a 4.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'll be going for one of the new M-Edge covers. That jade green is calling my name.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #38
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'll be going for one of the new M-Edge covers.
For those who don't want leather, they also have the Executive Jacket with padded synthetic leather exterior and soft grey interior.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #39
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'll be going for one of the new M-Edge covers. That jade green is calling my name.
They look lovely. I have an older M-Edge case and I do wish they'd change the closure, though. I don't like the tab thing.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #40
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
A free DVD case does it for me on the PRS-505!
Unfortunately one needs a microwave sized box for the kindle
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #41
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's that hatin' I've missed (not) so much.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
WHAT!?! No nice, environmentally-friendly canvas, silk or hemp cases? E-books are supposed to be green! Green! Why replace dead trees with dead cows?

Wait... is that Patagonia case canvas? Yes... it is.

Good.

Good.
Not good. It's a case, not a cover and what's needed is a cover more so then a case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
For those who don't want leather, they also have the Executive Jacket with padded synthetic leather exterior and soft grey interior.
And with the sale going on, it costs the same as the one Amazon is selling. But the main difference will be you'll probably have to pay shipping.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #44
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I ended up ordering a new style from M-Edge. The Platform Jacket. More colors are available at the M-Edge site than Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i_Kindle2PltL_B_1b.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	23058  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I would like to see better photos on the M-Edge site.