Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-25-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
ricmac
ricmac began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T2
Richard from Read/Write Web

Hi all,

I've been lurking at MobileRead for a few months now and posting every now and then. But now that my blog is featured on the MobileRead frontpage, I better introduce myself formally

I have a Palm T2 currently and I use it mostly to read blogs offline, but also to read eBooks. I've just purchased my first eBook (although I've read several free ones).

Up till recently I ran a blog called eBook Culture that was focused exclusively on eBooks. But I've now merged that with my main blog Read/Write Web. I write mostly about Web Technology on Read/Write Web, but writing and electronic publishing are two of my core interests. So expect to see lots more posts about eBooks on R/WW in future!

I look forward to conversing with you all on MobileRead

>>>>
[Editor's Note: We're delighted to have Richard with us in this MobileRead community, just as we are happy when each and every one of you takes the time to participate, or even if you just make frequent visits to read a few posts. There's a boatload of great content out there on the web, so it's an honor when people take the time to stay in touch with us here.

As Richard has some really awesome content on his site that's wonderfully tied to the subjects discussed at MobileRead.com on a daily basis, we've taken this opportunity to highlight his introduction here on our front page.

I hope you'll take a moment to browse Read/Write Web. You'll probably find yourself placing it on your bookmarks list. And in the future, we look forward to having an occassional opportunity to share some of his writing on MobileRead, which I hope will both be a pleasure and a reminder for us all to keep an eye on his site.]
ricmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Hi Richard!

It is great to see you here at Mobileread. I have been an eager reader of your eBook Culture blog - the topics you discuss are always very much related to my own personal hobbies and to what I like to communicate more to our readers at MR.

Again, great to have you onboard!!

Nick
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
ricmac
ricmac began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T2
Thanks and good to be here!

Thanks for your kind words :-)

Don't forget you can subscribe my RSS feed (right-click the link and copy to your favourite RSS Aggregator). That's how I keep up-to-date with MobileRead, via your RSS feed.

btw how many people here use RSS Aggregators and RSS feeds to keep up-to-date with news and blogs? And what aggregator do you use? I use Bloglines. The reason I ask is that I've seen the word "bookmark" used here a couple of times. I usually subscribe to a person's RSS feed, rather than bookmark their site. But then I'm a blogging addict

cheers, Richard

Last edited by ricmac; 11-26-2004 at 05:04 PM.
ricmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
eflynn00
eflynn00 began at the beginning.

Hi Rich, FireFox + Sage RSS News Aggregator

Quote:
btw how many people here use RSS Aggregators and RSS feeds to keep up-to-date with news and blogs? And what aggregator do you use?
I have not tried bloglines although I do know what it is. Mainly I use Sage RSS, a plugin for FireFox, to keep up to date with my fav blogs.

Earle
eflynn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I use www.fastbuzz.com which is a convenient web interface for me.

But, I just can't really seem to get into reading RSS feeds unless they're integrated into something else I visit regularly anyway, like iSiloX or Sunrise clips. That works pretty well if they reference the print versions via link substitution.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert