Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
PHDIKOULAS
PHDIKOULAS began at the beginning.

Device: SIGMATEK EBKT 101
Some books simply dont convert :(

i experience the same problem for some time now and i dont know what to search for in the forum so if its posted before i am sorry in advance.

this picture shows the problem i have,i try to convert a pdf to epub and it takes a really long time.i dont change any options in the conversion.i just press the convert button.options are the default ones
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wus.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	86142  
PHDIKOULAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHDIKOULAS View Post
i experience the same problem for some time now and i dont know what to search for in the forum so if its posted before i am sorry in advance.

this picture shows the problem i have,i try to convert a pdf to epub and it takes a really long time.i dont change any options in the conversion.i just press the convert button.options are the default ones
Probably a scanned PDF - in this case you need a different software for conversion. For example ABBYY Finereader.

Last edited by geronimo; 05-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:

Probably a scanned PDF or picture PDF- in this case you need a different software for conversion. For example ABBYY Finereader.
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118605 ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
PHDIKOULAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
Probably a scanned PDF or picture PDF- in this case you need a different software for conversion. For example ABBYY Finereader.
i will try and get back to yo friend to see what happent.do i need to post more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
yep buddy but it didnt say anything.Or i didnt understand the part that said it as english is not my first language

thank you both will try that abby thingy and post what happens,hope it helps
Advert
Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

That is not a long time.
12 HOURS is getting there.
24 Hours is a long time, but if it is still running.. Let it go until finished or crashes.

All you are doing is starting over before it gets done.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
PHDIKOULAS

i used the abbyy program and while it did make the pdf an epub file,the errors where so many that it was pointless to fix them

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is not a long time.
12 HOURS is getting there.
24 Hours is a long time, but if it is still running.. Let it go until finished or crashes.

All you are doing is starting over before it gets done.
so i should let it run for 12 hours??its not like i have 286 processor.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
i used the abbyy program and while it did make the pdf an epub file,the errors where so many that it was pointless to fix them

so i should let it run for 12 hours??its not like i have 286 processor.
Let it run till it crashes or finishes.
It is the crappy/complex encoding of the source that eats gobs of cycles.
PDF is bad. Some PDF are horrid

a 286 won't run Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote