Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Olger
Olger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Cleaning up tags based on content

Hi There,
I'm still new to Calibre, and haven't used Python before (though plenty other languages). I'm slowly getting the nack of it, but need some pointers with some things.

I've got a recipe for time.com RSS feeds, and that all works nice. However, time has the annoying habit of inserting a little "advertisement" in their RSS feeds. Every Ad starts with "<p><strong>MORE:</strong>" and terminates with the </p>.
Of course, they use non-classed <p> tags elsewhere so simply removing all <p> tags won't work. I figured postprocess_html is the way to go, then parse the 'soup' for <p> tags and remove the ones that contain "<strong>MORE:</strong>".
But, that just leaves me creating the code... Anyone able to give some pointers?

Cheers! Olger.
Olger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
try using a preprocess regex

Code:
    preprocess_regexps = [
        (re.compile(r'<p><strong>MORE:</strong>.+?</p>', re.I|re.DOTALL), lambda x:''),
        ]
You can use just re.DOTALL instead of re.I|re.DOTALL if you know the case will always be exactly like that (re.I means ignore case).
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Olger
Olger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks Barty!
Once I figured out I also need to do an "import re" at the beginning of the recipe it worked well!
Cheers!
Olger is offline   Reply With Quote