Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
sdsullivan
Author
sdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Stephen D. Sullivan - Fantasy, Horror, SF author

I've been putting out quite a few books and stories in e-book format lately -- and I'm going to put out more in the future -- so I thought I should drop in and introduce myself.

Feel free to drop me a line or start a conversation on the boards. Hope to hear from you soon!

My homepage is www.stephendsullivan.com.

Here's my Amazon Author page:

http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-D.-Sul..._athr_dp_pel_1

And my Smashwords Author page:

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/stephendsullivan

And here's a recent bio:

Since 1980, as a writer, artist, and editor, I've worked on some of the best known and most influential properties in the world, including: Dungeons & Dragons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, The Simpsons, Middle Earth, Fantastic 4, Speed Racer, Thunderbirds, Dragonlance, Legend of the Five Rings, Iron Man, Darkwing Duck, Mage Knight, and many others.

I've written (and published) more than 30 books and numerous short stories. I've won the Origins Award, gaming's highest honor, for my fantasy fiction twice: first for "The Lion" (the final book in the original L5R series), and then for my Mage Knight short story, "Podo & The Magic Shield." I created, wrote, and colored The Twilight Empire(tm) comic strip, which ran in Dragon magazine for more than 4 years. I can't even count (or remember) the number of comics and game projects I've worked on.

All that is nice, but what really matters to me is that my readers enjoy my stories and art. I hope that you will give my work a try, and if you enjoy it -- and I feel confident you will -- please mention me to your friends.

If you have questions or suggestions, you can contact me by writing to fanmail-at-stephendsullivan-dot-com.

(Or you could leave notes on this board!)
sdsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hello and welcome to MobileRead.

I moved your first post over here to this Forum, so more readers could get to know you and could say "hello."

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Don't forget to pop into the various writer and promo forums (see links on main page )
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome SDSullivan,

Went to your homepage site. Your books look fantastic.

Pam
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Stephen and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

welcome Nice to see you over here!
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #8
sdsullivan
Author
sdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enough

Thanks, everybody

Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

It may take me a while to find my way around here. We writers like to spend most of our time writing, you know.

Working on a very exciting supernatural horror series at the moment - one I started more than 10 years ago. (Actually, it may have been one of the first published e-book series, back in the day. Guess it was just ahead of its time!)

It's long "out of print," but I'm revising and updating it for release - within a month, if things work out as planned.

Anyway, time to get some rest so I can write/revise more tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi cdSullivan,

My novel was also an ebook before the Kindle and Nook, almost ten years ago. It was put out by a small internet company and only sold about 80 copies. I thought it was dead and gone. Agents wouldn't look at it once it was epublished.

Luckily, now we have the wonderful Kindle and Nook and other readers and can bring back the manuscripts we labored over, loved, and thought were forever gone.

Good Luck--your website is wonderful and your books look intrieging.

Pam
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:58 AM   #11
sdsullivan
Author

Thanks, Pamela (and everybody else).

It's been a busy week. I edited 5 stories for an anthology, wrote a short for an upcoming steampunk antho, did 1 cover for a horror collection, and rewrote more than half of the first novel in my Frost Harrow series.

Phew!

It's fun (but tiring) to be that productive.

I hope to get some new stuff up on Amazon & Smashwords before the end of next week.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #13
sdsullivan
Author

Just posted a request for reviewers in the Deals & Freebies thread.

If any of y'all are interested. 2 new fantasy e-books needing reviews.

Thanks!

Tags
author, fantasy, introduction, kindle, smashwords