Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Do you use/Have you used any other sites to practice your writing and get critiqued?

Howdy,

I have enjoyed reading since I was very young. I have also enjoyed writing. I am not the best with grammar, my skill, if it is such, lies in telling the story. Making the story all consuming and emotionally expressive.

My quest is this: I am looking for some more web sites (forums) that I can join to post some writing and get some peer critiquing! I am looking to find sites that I can join to use to progress my writing skills. I will most likely not get involved overly much in the community. I am hoping some of you might be able to point me in the direction of some good quality sites. I would prefer these referrals to random google searched sites.

Thanks for your time. I do plan to start involving myself in the writing community here. I only worry that with so many professional authors here, I will embarass myself. Oh well...
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Two that I have used are: Critters Writers Workshop which has a schedule and crit requirements, and the Fantasy Writer's Group (If you write Fantasy or Sci-Fi) at Yahoo, which is less structured. Both seem to work pretty well. Critters is more polite, and there are rules in critiquing, while Fantasy Writers will be brutally honest if that's what you ask for.

Good luck with the writing.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
mklynds
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Thanks for the advice carld. I am looking into those sites shortly!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
How about www.writerscafe.org
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
mklynds

Thanks Halljames!
Advert
Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
stevenharper
Connoisseur
stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I've heard good things about Critters, too, though it's a "the more you put in . . . " thing.
stevenharper is offline   Reply With Quote