Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
Majorix
Giant Hobbit
Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Clara, Mini, Aura HD, Aura 2, Kindle: Paperwhite 1, DX 1
Kindle AC Adapter With Kobo?

I have this AC adapter for the Kindles, which lets you connect your Kindle directly to the AC. Here is how it looks like:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DOK8NW/...ongotronics-20

Mine is of course for Turkish wall sockets, but the rest is the same.

The questions is, can I use this with my Kobo Aura HD or my Kobo Mini? Of course I could test this by actually plugging the adapter to one of my Kobos, but I fear it would kill the battery or something. Has anyone tried using this adapter with a Kobo?

PS: I know that it says "Also compatible with other Android devices", I am only not sure and wanted to find someone who has experience.
Majorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That is a standard wall wart, have no fear.

It will work to charge any standard USB-powered device.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
allan175
allan175 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I just use whatever charger is to hand to charge any of my devices, they all give the right power range to charge things. Never had any problems at all.
allan175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:42 AM   #4
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I have used that adapter on an Aura HD and probably an Aura H2O. It works, no issues.

The only problem that I've ever run into with USB/AC adapters is with the amount of current it draws. Since ereaders don't draw much of a current, any (standard) adapter should work.