Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-28-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wink copy saved searches

is there a simple way to copy my saved searches from PC calibre into CC ( or are they already being grabbed & I've just not noticed ? )

ditto for custom column definitions.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:54 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
In CC under Settings - Make groups for custom columns will allow you add your custom columns as groups.

I have no idea about saved searches.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2014, 03:03 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
is there a simple way to copy my saved searches from PC calibre into CC ( or are they already being grabbed & I've just not noticed ? )
No. CC's search supports only a subset of calibre's so there is a large chance that the searches won't work.

As long as there aren't too many of them you can get most of what you want by creating virtual libraries in calibre based on the saved search, adding a custom column showing which libraries a book is a member of by using the virtual_libraries() function, then grouping on that custom column in CC.

Another way to do it that requires more template-fu is to express a saved search as a boolean template expression, saving the result in a custom column. This really does the same thing as the virtual libraries but without adding the VLs themselves.
Quote:
Not sure what you are asking for here. Did DoctorOhh provide the answer you were looking for?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
well some of my saved searches refer to a custom column that says whether I have read a book or not.

so I may want to search for books that meet certain criteria but that are also not marked as "read" e.g. when returning to a series

I created that "read" column , with much help, ages ago, and it has Y for yes, I for in progress, blank for not read.
It was meant to be a Y/N column but by accident I made it so that it can take any letter, thus I could have a = abandoned -as in started it but it was so crap I didn't finish it. I tend to leave those in the library to avoid making the same mistake twice !

I thought maybe if all this stuff is in the metdata.db file then you could be picking it up anyway - seems not though
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
well some of my saved searches refer to a custom column that says whether I have read a book or not.

so I may want to search for books that meet certain criteria but that are also not marked as "read" e.g. when returning to a series

I created that "read" column , with much help, ages ago, and it has Y for yes, I for in progress, blank for not read.
It was meant to be a Y/N column but by accident I made it so that it can take any letter, thus I could have a = abandoned -as in started it but it was so crap I didn't finish it. I tend to leave those in the library to avoid making the same mistake twice !

I thought maybe if all this stuff is in the metdata.db file then you could be picking it up anyway - seems not though
All the custom columns are available in CC. Most types are searchable and groupable.

It could be that the calibre saved search would work in CC. If it doesn't use any date columns and doesn't used either range checking or hierarchy operators then the chances are good. However, the saved search text (the expression) is not available in CC so you would need to type it in.

However ...

If what you want is to browse items based on whether or not they are read (or something) then after you add your "read" column to CC's grouping drawer you can long-press on the item to show only books with that item. You can then group by other things such as authors and tags with the results restricted to books that match the item you long-pressed upon.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert