Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle K4, Kobo mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
2 questions re. PB Touch Lux

I love my new pocketbook (Touch Lux 623). Thank you for the recommendation, Kacir.
I love all the stuff it does, so versatile, customisable etc.
My questions are:
1. What is the best way to organise my books on the PB?
I find the PB pretty intuitive to use but I have not yet found the ideal way to organise my books. I quite like the way that I have organised my books on my Kindle (into genres) but I can't see how to create a new file for a new genre and give it the name I want. I also can't see how to shuffle my books around and put them in the file I want. It is disappointing that the manual doesn't help with this. Must I do this by connecting the PB to the PC?
2. Is there any advantage in setting up an account with a book supplier on the device? So far I am still buying my books mostly from Amazon but I have not set up any account on the device. I just sideload the books using Calibre.
I would appreciate any help on either of these issues.
Bertolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
serge76_fr
Enthusiast
serge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmos

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux and Inkpad
Here are some answers to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertolt View Post
1. What is the best way to organise my books on the PB?
I find the PB pretty intuitive to use but I have not yet found the ideal way to organise my books. I quite like the way that I have organised my books on my Kindle (into genres) but I can't see how to create a new file for a new genre and give it the name I want. I also can't see how to shuffle my books around and put them in the file I want. It is disappointing that the manual doesn't help with this. Must I do this by connecting the PB to the PC?
Are you sorting your books with the folders or with the metadatas in the library of your device ?

- in the first case, you should set up a template in the Device configuration in Calibre. As you want to organise your books by genre (tags in Calibre), it could be something like this :

Code:
{tags}/{authors}/{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
- in the second case, you can choose the following options in the menu of the PB library :
- Group by "Genre"
- Sort by "Book titles"
It will work if you have previously filled in the tags in Calibre for each book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertolt View Post
2. Is there any advantage in setting up an account with a book supplier on the device? So far I am still buying my books mostly from Amazon but I have not set up any account on the device. I just sideload the books using Calibre.
I would appreciate any help on either of these issues.
As I buy books from several shops, I haven't set up any accounts on the device. It is easier, imho, to buy the books from a computer and to load them with Calibre on the PB lux.
serge76_fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle K4, Kobo mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
That's really helpful, Serge. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.
Bertolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
account, collections, genre