Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
Slim
Slim began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Great explanation...
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #17
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'm already starting to feel left out.......and I've only had mine for 2 days.....
Maybe I'll start reviewing the rooting instructions.....but I don't want to make it unusable....
I'm not really a gamer......I've played a couple games of chess on my NC though...
Aren't most of the apps for games?
What will I actually gain?
I suppose it'd be nice if the web browser was able to have multiple windows open, would I gain that?
Where do you actually get the apps?
I'm not a gamer either, but I'm still tempted to root. There are apps for weather, travel, productivity, cooking, reading, sports, etc. There is a really long thread about successful apps that have been installed. Also try to find a thread where people have posted screenshots and you'll get a better idea what is out there. Not everything that's in the Android Marketplace works on the NC but there's quite a bit. If you find an app that is important to you, then I recommend you post a question to see if anyone has gotten it to work on the NC.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 02:56 AM   #18
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Very truw twowheels!

Ahha, you must be one of those great sales reps that knows your product inside out! I was just saying we need more MR members to sell ereaders.

I am not getting one for Christmas either. That is ok though, I will spend more time reading then.
Lol! Yep, I love NC even when I'm mad at my company. I want to be prepared for any questions and be able to explain how they work to anyone from the technophobes all the way to the programmers. I love this forum for ideas and have directed some people here for them as well!
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote