Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Cool-er is Today's Special Value on QVC - $229.32 + tax/s+h - Pay in 3 Installments

This is the first time I've seen a reading device on QVC. You can order online at QVC.com or 1-888-345-5788. If you haven't ever used QVC don't worry, they are a great company with wonderful customer service. Order as a gift and items can be returned for any reason until 1/31/10.

COOL-ER eReader 6"Diag.Screen w/Headphones,Case & 10 Free Books
Retail Value: $375.00

QVC Price: $268.00
Today's Special Value Price: $229.32 Item E165182
Good until December 11, 2009 11:59 p.m. ET

Available on Easy Pay! 3 Installments of $76.44, plus Tax and S & H

Now you can bring your entire library everywhere you go with this lightweight electronic book reader. It comes preloaded with 29 books, includes a choice of 10 free book downloads from a list of select titles, and gives you access to one of the largest eBookstores--making it perfect for students, book lovers, and travelers.

Smart choice. Now students don't have to lug heavy volumes in their backpacks, and travelers can free up valuable space in their travel bags. This ultra-compact device holds approximately 800 books on its 1GB internal memory. Just browse the online bookstore and buy a book to download. Once it's downloaded to your eReader, you can start reading! If you need more storage space, just insert a memory card up to 4GB (not included).

Easy on the eyes. The 6" diagonal screen allows for easy reading, even in direct sunlight. Plus, it weighs just over six ounces and is only 1/2 inch thick, so it slips easily into a purse, messenger bag, or airplane carry-on.

Innovative features. Unlike a computer screen, this unit features E-Ink technology that gives the screen a paper-like display and replicates the experience of reading a book. Plus, you can customize it to fit your needs: choose from one of three font types and eight font sizes. You can even change the page orientation from portrait to landscape.

Download your favorite books at the Cool-er e-bookstore. Whether you're looking for a best seller, classic novel, or volume of poems, there are over a million titles to choose from. It's everything you need to carry hundreds of your favorite books in the palm of your hand. From Cool-er.

Internet access is required to download books. Access to and use of the Internet may require payment of a separate fee to an Internet Service Provider, DSL line, or more.
Includes eReader, built-in rechargeable battery, silicone case, earbuds, USB cable, 29 pre-loaded books, choice of 10 free book downloads from a list of select titles (see above), quick-start guide, and instruction booklet
6" diagonal screen
SD card slot (card not included)
1GB built-in memory holds approximately 800 books
Built-in MP3 player
Up to 8,000 page turns per battery charge
Three different font types: Georgia, Courier, NTX New
Eight font sizes
Portrait or landscape page orientation
Sudoku game preloaded
Non-replaceable battery charges via USB cable
Compatible with PDF, HTML, TXT, RTF, FB2, EPUB, PRC, JPG, MP3
Measurements: eReader 4-3/4"L x 7-1/4"H x 1/2"D; screen 4-7/8"H x 3-5/8"L; weighs 6.3 oz
2-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Made in Taiwan

Last edited by bookfanmd; 12-11-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: add price to title
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just to clarify, this is referring only to the US version of QVC. It does not apply to the UK version.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just to clarify, this is referring only to the US version of QVC. It does not apply to the UK version.

Sorry, I didn't know there was a UK QVC.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sure is:

http://www.qvc.co.uk
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3
Johns1NOnly doesn't litterJohns1NOnly doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Ipad, Kindle DX
decided to try it out... I love QVC's return policy........ what got me was the 3 easy pays.... The bright sky blue was calling to me ..... lol :P
Johns1NOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Color

I have to say that Cool-er has beat the other ereaders hands down on awesome color options!

I love the color of my purple one, its bright and happy. I don't notice the color once I start reading a book so I would not consider it a distraction.

As all those Mac owners out there will tell you, style and color do matter!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Love the colors, but the official reviews have been very poor. Price seems very high for what it is. I think the Sony 300 would be a better buy.

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 12-13-2009 at 05:11 PM.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
Love the colors, but the official reviews have been very poor. Price seems very high for what it is. I think the Sony 300 would be a better buy.
A good amount of the problems that orignal reviewers had with the Cool-er have been fixed with the firmware updates they released.

At this point the software is stable. The price is on the high side, I would agree. I think a price point of $200ish would be better.

The button issues are no worse than some of the other readers out there.

I would also say that many of the reviewers that did not like the Cool-er did not use ereaders on a regular basis. This seems to be a theme on a number of poor reviews that ereaders get in general is that the reviewer does not actually use a ereader regularly. While their opinion is valid, it is not necassarily what someone who is a heavy reader would agree with.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

Should be getting my Cool-ER today........ UPS is so slow i hate waiting
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
bookfanmd
Addict

Great, have fun with it. I don't need another reader but was very tempted by this offer and I really liked the green one. I posted it in the morning and then went back to QVC in the early evening. By that time they were out of green so I was able to resist. It looks like a great little device though, maybe when they come back in stock....
Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

i resisted while at work..... but after reloading the page a couple of time and see that they had sky blue... i liked the green too but the blue was nice and bright