Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #691
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
robvarga ah, I see. I don't think that would be terribly practical. I can't think of any method to do what you're looking for without causing way too many unwanted page turns.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #692
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
No, it doesn't. Read it in context, and the quote is clearly talking about the resolution of an issue with the reporting of low battery life.

Handy tip: If you click the little blue square next to "Originally Posted by username" - which says "View Post" if you move the pointer on top of it - it takes you to the post that the quote is from.

Had you done that, you would have seen the quote in that post where selina4books was talking about a battery problem. Don't take my word for it; try it yourself and see.
checking 47 pages is impractical.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #693
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I don't think vugtitan is trolling or making fun of Samhy.

IMO vugtitan is fixated on his desire for a file browser and honestly cannot understand why everyone else isn't. Perhaps he feels he can change our viewpoints by repeating this often enough or convert enough people to his cause to influence Kobo.

I think his time would be better spent getting a part time job and buying a more expensive ereader, or learning enough to do the programming himself, but what do I know.

Beating him with words or tongue in cheek poor me replies is kind of like kicking the dog for wanting his dinner. And I believe it is considered bad forum etiquette to accuse people of trolling. You should report the posts to the moderator.

Helen
It is not a question of money but of what is available.the kobo mini can be put in to a shirt pocket.i have tested this.i also plan to see if it can be charged by a solar cell soon.

I think it would be better if you ALL joined me and get us what we ALL want.

WE WANT FOLDER SUPPORT.

Once we have what we want then we would not have to keep asking for what we have received.

Of course many of you want to torture yourselves by Manuel Labor like,getting RSI and creating shelves 1 by 1 and that is fine as it keeps you busy and keeps you out of mischief as the devil has work for idle hands although secretly many of you folder deniers you will of course be using folder support while denying it.

Last edited by vugtitan; 06-15-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #694
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please feel free to disagree with a person's opinions, or dispute their facts or data, providing you do so politely. Likewise, please address your criticisms to those opinions, facts and data rather than the person. Refer to the MobileRead Guidelines, specifically the full text of the very first item. When posting, your attention to the Guidelines is required. Name calling ("troll") and insults ("obtuse") are not allowed.

Please note the underlined text above.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #695
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
robvarga ah, I see. I don't think that would be terribly practical. I can't think of any method to do what you're looking for without causing way too many unwanted page turns.
??? Are you kidding me??? How do unwanted page turns come in here? I WANT page turns and at the moment I get scrolling over empty area, and paging with tapping simply does not do anything. I have a really good imagination but I simply cannot imagine how you could get unwanted page turns with this situation (you would of course need some setting to tell the reader that you want page turns instead of scrolling to prevent it from even attempting scrolling as a result of a misread gesture).

And believe me, it would be really really practical for me, and apparently for at least one other user as it acts as substitute for the missing crop-margins and the missing reflow functionality. This way I would be able to just tap to page to the next screen, instead of "tap to bring up menu, close zoom, tap to page, zoom, slide button to desired zoom size, tap to hide the gauge".

Last edited by robvarga; 06-15-2013 at 08:01 AM.
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #696
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
Oh, one more thing.

I have an Aura HD, and I would like it to be able to join to already known WiFi networks which do not broadcast their SSID.
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #697
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I want Kobo to update the hardware design as well as the firmware. My changes will require a heavier duty lithium battery, for all Kobo forum posters to allow Kobo to form a linkage between their reader's serial number and their forum posting handle, a 3KV pulsating DC-DC convertor with capacitive diode bridge multiplier connected to a network of conductive plastic on the readers case, and every Kobo owner that posts in this forum to agree to allow Kobo to employ the corrective electroshock therapy when they're being a pain. I fully expect to be the first victim participant, but as I am generally a quick study find myself unworried. However, those of you who tend to continually repeat yourselves should be wary!
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #698
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I want Kobo to update the hardware design as well as the firmware. My changes will require a heavier duty lithium battery, for all Kobo forum posters to allow Kobo to form a linkage between their reader's serial number and their forum posting handle, a 3KV pulsating DC-DC convertor with capacitive diode bridge multiplier connected to a network of conductive plastic on the readers case, and every Kobo owner that posts in this forum to agree to allow Kobo to employ the corrective electroshock therapy when they're being a pain. I fully expect to be the first victim participant, but as I am generally a quick study find myself unworried. However, those of you who tend to continually repeat yourselves should be wary!
Yours doesn't have one of those already?
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:22 AM   #699
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
TechniSol I think a free book for people who post Kobo praise on the forum would work better.
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #700
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post

WE WANT FOLDER SUPPORT.
Where is your evidence that we ALL want this? Over 50% of the people who responded to the poll do not want folder support. That poll has not done you any favours. If I was Kobo, I would use it as another reason not to implement folder browsing.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #701
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
It is not a question of money but of what is available.the kobo mini can be put in to a shirt pocket.i have tested this.i also plan to see if it can be charged by a solar cell soon.

WE WANT FOLDER SUPPORT.

Once we have what we want then we would not have to keep asking for what we have received.

Of course many of you want to torture yourselves by Manuel Labor like,getting RSI and creating shelves 1 by 1 and that is fine as it keeps you busy and keeps you out of mischief as the devil has work for idle hands although secretly many of you folder deniers you will of course be using folder support while denying it.

Sorry, but I politely disagree. I've already have an ereader with folder support and I DON'T WANT IT. With Sony 350 and PRS+, I've never used folder support, so, please, don't put your words in other one's mouth.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #702
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Sorry, but I politely disagree. I've already have an ereader with folder support and I DON'T WANT IT. With Sony 350 and PRS+, I've never used folder support, so, please, don't put your words in other one's mouth.
but your only saying that to be contrary.we have no evidence you don't use folder support.we don't have any independent evidence you don't.

in any case if you don't want to use don't use it but stop denying us folk who do want it.

Why are you denying to people who want it?

by denying us you are only making us sad,frustrated and morose.

Do you like making people sad,frustrated and morose?

Do you get pleasure from this?

Last edited by vugtitan; 06-16-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #703
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
How does folder browsing support hurt those who don't use it?
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #704
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I feel obliged to point out that this "basic feature" is not present on iOS devices, and is normally not apparent on Android devices. (Yes, there are some Android apps that expose the file system, but by and large, Android apps follow the iOS precedent of handling the file system for you, out of sight.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonna View Post
But you are wrong about Android, reading apps on android have access to file browser and enable you to use your folder organized library just fine.
I think you overlooked the part of my message that I highlighted above.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #705
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiflhjla8 View Post
How does folder browsing support hurt those who don't use it?
By taking the limited resources Kobo have for development away from fixing bugs or improving other parts of the firmware. Then, if it was released, it adds another function that the support personnel have to answer questions on. And the development team have to test and fix bugs in as other changes are made.

I have no hassle with people asking for a folder browsing. So long as they don't mind me stating that I don't think it would be very useful for most users of these devices and stating my belief that Kobo will not develop one. I do not think it fits in with what I see as their goal for the devices. And the fact that one doesn't exist in firmware that has been in development for at least three years, tells me that they are in no hurry to add it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo