Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #511
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
so how does one get suspend to work on the latest build? I tried koreader-cgm.zip on the latest nightly koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2013.03-502-gf16c9e1.zip but it just reboots after loading koreader.

Nevermind, figured it out myself using cgm999's code from koreader-cgm.zip...whoohoo sleep mode. loving this koreader, it makes images in epubs nice a large.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sleep.zip (11.4 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by freekobo; 09-06-2013 at 11:18 PM.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #512
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Nevermind, figured it out myself using cgm999's code from koreader-cgm.zip...whoohoo sleep mode. loving this koreader, it makes images in epubs nice a large.
Thanks, it works fine.

UPDATE: It's not perfect on my Mini using build 502. Sometimes it stucks in suspend mode and I've to use the power slide 2-3-4 times to exit into active mode.

UPDATE2: It was my fault, I was too fast. In 'device.lua' timeout for Suspend is 4 sec. Sliding the power button within this period makes suspend mode behaving weird.

Last edited by Mike76; 09-07-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #513
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You can remove the files and folders that were added, koreader, KoboLauncher, & fmon.

It sounds like your Kobo Database is corrupted. You could go to "Account" in the Settings menu and "Sign out", this should let you reauthorize and rebuild the database.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks Ken. Working on it now. It all seems to be working fine now *phew*

Last edited by booklover6; 09-07-2013 at 07:37 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #514
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
Thanks, it works fine.

UPDATE: It's not perfect on my Mini using build 502. Sometimes it stucks in suspend mode and I've to use the power slide 2-3-4 times to exit into active mode.

UPDATE2: It was my fault, I was too fast. In 'device.lua' timeout for Suspend is 4 sec. Sliding the power button within this period makes suspend mode behaving weird.
It seems I broke the light button..not sure how to fix.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #515
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I just tried the latest nightly on my Glo, and it seems to work just fine. However, after I saw that it was working I downloaded an epub from the Kobo's web browser, and now files monitor is starting Koreader automatically after a reboot. I couldn't even turn my Glo off with the power slider. I ended up removing the internal SD card and deleting koreader.png.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #516
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
It seems I broke the light button..not sure how to fix.
The mechanical button just has a piece of plastic that pushes on a button switch. Is the actual switch broken or is it the parts that let you push the button switch?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #517
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I just tried the latest nightly on my Glo, and it seems to work just fine. However, after I saw that it was working I downloaded an epub from the Kobo's web browser, and now files monitor is starting Koreader automatically after a reboot. I couldn't even turn my Glo off with the power slider. I ended up removing the internal SD card and deleting koreader.png.
If you have the Kobo Launcher installed, the "usbnet" should be started along with Koreader. If you plug your USB cable into your PC, you should be able to use WinSCP (or similar) to access the files on your device. The IP =192.168.2.101 user= root and no password. The same for "PUTTY", if you are fluent in penguin.

Obviously, that loop should not be happening. Right now, you might want to be sure that you keep a backup of the KoboReader.sqlite file, as there has been some weird corruption seen a few times lately.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-07-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #518
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I'm beginning to think that a Koreader "Users Instructions Sheet" is needed. The menu for the File Manager is accessed by poking the title "File Manager" text. The book pages also have a settings menu at the bottom of the page. So, poking the top or bottom of the page will usually get you the options you might need. In the menus, the tabs usually have popup or dropdown lists of options, you will see those for whatever tab is selected when you open the menu.

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #519
freekobo
Addict

Quote:
The mechanical button just has a piece of plastic that pushes on a button switch. Is the actual switch broken or is it the parts that let you push the button switch?

Luck;
Ken
no, i mean after enabling sleep with the patch i hacked togeher the light button doesnt work in koreader...it works again after reinstalling latest koreader nightly..so something in the files i changed broke the light function... i dont know what...anyone else know?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #520
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
no, i mean after enabling sleep with the patch i hacked togeher the light button doesnt work in koreader...it works again after reinstalling latest koreader nightly..so something in the files i changed broke the light function... i dont know what...anyone else know?
Ah.. I wonder if the light switch was used to come out of suspend? I am near the end of my current read, once I finish I'll give it a try.

Luck;
Ken

Perhaps it could be here:

function Input:handleKeyBoardEv(ev)
local keycode = self.event_map[ev.code]

if self.is_kobo then
local press = false
if ev.value == EVENT_VALUE_KEY_PRESS then
press = true
end
if ev.code == 90 then
-- light
if not press then
os.execute("/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/frontlight-wrap swap")
return
end
elseif ev.code == 116 then
-- power
if press then
return "Suspend"
else
return "Resume"
end
end
end

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-07-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #521
freekobo
Addict

Quote:
Ah.. I wonder if the light switch was used to come out of suspend? I am near the end of my current read, once I finish I'll give it a try.

Luck;
Ken

Perhaps it could be here:

function Input:handleKeyBoardEv(ev)
local keycode = self.event_map[ev.code]

if self.is_kobo then
local press = false
if ev.value == EVENT_VALUE_KEY_PRESS then
press = true
end
if ev.code == 90 then
-- light
if not press then
os.execute("/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/frontlight-wrap swap")
return
end
elseif ev.code == 116 then
-- power
if press then
return "Suspend"
else
return "Resume"
end
end
end
Probably, but I can figure out how to get it to work..I'm a n00b when it comes to this.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #522
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Well, the loss of that button is not a big thing for me, the frontlight settings include a toggle which is the same as what the button did. You can turn it on and off by just selecting the Toggle and then the OK to dismiss the frontlight settings popup menu.

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #523
Fabry
Enthusiast
Fabry doesn't litterFabry doesn't litter

Device: AuraHD
Build 502 still crashes with PDF in landscape mode.
Fabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #524
Fabry
Enthusiast
Fabry doesn't litterFabry doesn't litter

Device: AuraHD
Build 502 has various problems.

Crash even with PDF in portrait mode (during fast pages zapping)
Crash with bottom menu if setting menu (the first from right) is selected
Some graphic garbage (i.e. Portrait text partially corrupted on rotation menu)

I revert to 494 which seems to works better (not considering landscape pdf bug)
Fabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #525
Ken Maltby
Wizard

The complexity of this port and the project that it originates from, is often underestimated. It has a number of components that have their own development history and continuing development. There are essentially two major rendering components one that is essentially a PDF renderer for some of the Kindle devices and the other being the cr3engine (CoolReader 3 rendering components) for most other formats. Not only must the project get the different rendering programs working in some imaginary base environment - but they are having to get it working on different hardware models from two different manufacturers. That we might see differing results for use on different models and when rendering different formats, should come as no surprise. That it works as well as it does, is amazing. The development continues and issues are being addressed.

I don't like using fixed page PDF documents on a small screen, so PDFs are not an issue for me on my AuraHD. The recent builds have brought Koreader to a usable level for the files that I use, with only some minor failings, mostly cosmetic. This is for my AuraHD, judging by posts here there may be more problems for some of the other models. Some of the "failings" are probably user related. (I only had Go To Page working on the version that Giorgio had to pull, and not at all since.)

I am sure, with the intrest there is in PDF rendering for both the Kindle and Kobo versions, that any issues will be addressed in a timely manner.

Luck;
Ken