Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Engadget Review of the T2

FYI: In case you guys haven't seen it, Engadget just posted a review of the T2.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/28/s...prs-t2-review/

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
I´m still very disappointed with this ereader. :-(

Waiting for new kindle...
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
i don't think an engadget review deserves its very own special thread. it belongs in the main prs-t2 thread which will have a longer retention.
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
i don't think an engadget review deserves its very own special thread. it belongs in the main prs-t2 thread which will have a longer retention.
Sorry, threads are cheap.

BOb
Old 08-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
I disagree. It would get lost in the other thread.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I disagree. It would get lost in the other thread.
That was my thought as well.

BOb
Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 AM   #7
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
That was my thought as well.

BOb
Just do your own thing, Bob.

There are too many 'thread police' around here in my mind.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 AM   #8
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Just do your own thing, Bob.

There are too many 'thread police' around here in my mind.
Aren't you just policing the thread police? it was only an opinion. You're always free to ignore.
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
Extragooey
Extragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The author is obviously used to his Nook. I have no issues reading one handed with my T1. It's comfortable, fits my palm well, and I have no issues swipe turning or hitting the page buttons. I commute an hour and a half daily and love reading on my T1.
Extragooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I picked up the T2 , I had a Kindle but really wanted the MicroSD storage capability, the only Negative thing I can say against the T2 are the Hardware buttons are kinda lousy otherwise I like it and it allows me to carry my entire Library
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extragooey View Post
The author is obviously used to his Nook. I have no issues reading one handed with my T1. It's comfortable, fits my palm well, and I have no issues swipe turning or hitting the page buttons. I commute an hour and a half daily and love reading on my T1.
I wish I could read while commuting, but alas, I would probably affect my driving.

I will have to try this one in person to determine the kinesthetics of it. Everyone's hands are different.

BOb
Old 09-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #12
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I prefer the Sony page turn buttons on the bottom to the side buttons on the Kindle and Nook; I hold my T1 on the left side at the bottom and it requires no effort for me to turn a page. I just wish the T2 was going to be front-lit like the Nook Glow.

Here's hoping that Sony revisits the idea of screen lighting with the T3....
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #13
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Does anyone really take their reader on public transportation without a decent cover? I would think not, and that cover would make the sharp corners the reviewer complains about not an issue for anyone.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
The reviewer suggested the screen contrast isn't any different from that of the previous model, which I found disconcerting. Owners' comments on MR and those of a previous reviewer in the WSJ mentioned a change for the better, which I hope signaled an improvement in contrast in pearl screens generally, with Kindle's "paperwhite" pitch referring to that same improvement.

Is the PRS-T2's screen contrast better than the T1's or not?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 09-02-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added possessive.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
The reviewer suggested the screen contrast isn't any different from that of the previous model, which I found disconcerting. Owners comments on MR and those of a previous reviewer in the WSJ mentioned a change for the better, which I hope signaled an improvement in contrast in pearl screens generally, with Kindle's "paperwhite" pitch referring to that same improvement.

Is the PRS-T2's screen contrast better than the T1's or not?
Some people (including myself) have found the T2s screen to be whiter/brighter/sharper/better. Others disagree. Results seem to depend on the individual units being used for the comparison and the eye of the beholder.

Last edited by pssquirrel; 09-17-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: revised thinking
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote