Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Penru
Imagineer
Penru began at the beginning.

Device: HTC DROID ERIS
Exclamation I just got an edge pocket and need help!

In the library there are the books it came with and the ones I bought. However the book cover is oddly distorted so it only takes up 1/3 of the front of the book. How do I fix that?

Penru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I don't know, Penru! I haven't heard of that before.

Congratulations on getting your eDGe! I hope you like it, despite the odd-looking book covers.

If you haven't already, you might want to browse or search the entourageedge.com forum to see if anyone reported the book cover issue, or has an answer for you.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penru View Post
In the library there are the books it came with and the ones I bought. However the book cover is oddly distorted so it only takes up 1/3 of the front of the book. How do I fix that?

It seems a quirk in the Dingo firmware. The Ermine Beta might have fixed it, but you'd have to delete the book and then re-add the original to the Library to see if it displays the book cover properly.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Penru
Imagineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
The Ermine Beta might have fixed it
Would this take place when I install the update? I have not done that yet as I do not have wifi at the moment(am posting from my droid eris, what is it with me and four letter android products that start with "E"...)
Old 05-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Would this take place when I install the update? I have not done that yet as I do not have wifi at the moment(am posting from my droid eris, what is it with me and four letter android products that start with "E"...)
Should have named yourself "Enru"!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Quote:
No, updates do not fix existing book-covers.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
I'm also a very new user and am running Ermine. I have noticed some distorted covers and filed this information under "so, stop looking at the cover!" so I don't know what could be done about it. I wouldn't count on Ermine for a solution, though.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Penru
Imagineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneven1 View Post
I have noticed some distorted covers and filed this information under "so, stop looking at the cover!" so I don't know what could be done about it. I wouldn't count on Ermine for a solution, though.
If you do the froyo update and delete the books from your edge then reload them the covers load in full! It is the best solution I have found!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
glorhee
glorhee began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edgr
I think I have Ermine beta. Is it possible to get newer version like Gingerbread for PE?
glorhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorhee View Post
I think I have Ermine beta. Is it possible to get newer version like Gingerbread for PE?
It will most likely not happen, that would require a lot of work and knowledge of how all the hardware works, as well as an idea of how to work with the e-ink.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #11
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
are we are going to get a firmware close to a final than those betas and the poor attempts to prove something can be cooked?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book covers, edge problems