Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #106
omahawildcat
Enthusiast
omahawildcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
A goto page function would be nice
It would also be nice to have the kobo ereader coordinate w/ the kobo apps on the phones so you can keep your bookmarks on all devices.
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:03 AM   #107
TheGrayProgram
TheGrayProgram began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Lightbulb List of requested Features

Go to page/percent
Mark/un-mark as read and un-mark "I'm reading" w/o mark as read
Internal Search Function
Sort by AUTHOR!!!!!!
Time Display at bottom of page w/o covering up text
auto off/sleep/don't as a chose
Wireless Syncing
TheGrayProgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #108
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
"Mark as read" I think might be a better option than "Goto page." Seeing as most people want "Goto Page" as a way to jump to the end of a book to mark it as read.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #109
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
"Mark as read" I think might be a better option than "Goto page." Seeing as most people want "Goto Page" as a way to jump to the end of a book to mark it as read.
Now that you mention that, I think I want both...
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #110
Techracer
Techracer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwo View Post
I'd like to see a book listing by series... It'd be helpful when reading a series to find out which book is the next volume.
+1 for search by series. Most of our sci-fi/fantasy genre books are in a series and the titles aren't in that order. Calibre stores that information in the metadata so it should be available for the device.
Techracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #111
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techracer View Post
+1 for search by series. Most of our sci-fi/fantasy genre books are in a series and the titles aren't in that order. Calibre stores that information in the metadata so it should be available for the device.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #112
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
It would be nice to have the series name and position in the meta data, but we don't have standard tag names for those, so it's hard/impossible for the ereader software to display them.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #113
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
There is a work-around, of sorts involving a Calibre plugboard. http://kobo.zendesk.com/entries/3735...-using-calibre
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #114
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I set up ebook naming metadata in Calibre for series in the following format;

[Series name] [Book number in series] - [Book Title]

For example

Lost Fleet 01 - Dauntless

I can then see all my ebooks on the Kobo in series listings.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #115
Beethoven
Beethoven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Requested Features - Adjustable System Font Size

Hi. I agree with most who have posted here; in particular: 1) GOTO Page, and: 2) ensuring that the bookmark is updated when the device decides that your battery needs charging.

My next priority item is the ability to adjust the system font size throughout the device. I have a problem with my eyes, but I can just read books at the maximum font size. However, when it comes to settings, enabling wireless, or page numbers, or even video-poker, it's very frustrating because I can't read the text without a magnifying glass.

Kobo knows how important it is to allow adjustable text sizes so people can read ebooks. I wish that they would recognize that those people need the same text sizes to be able to use the KoboReader.
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #116
daniblum
daniblum began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
I beg to disagree. It is true that for literature reading, you don't need to jump and review previous topics or skip big portions, but for studying (which is the main reason I want this gadget in the first place) it is a critical functionality.

The ONLY reason I have returned my Kobo eReader and I am still waiting is that it doesn't have a "Go To Page". At the moment, marking a book as read is simply not in my radar. I have been waiting for "Go To Page" functionality for 4 months, and I am seriously considering buying a Kindle 3g instead - better contrast, cheaper, and IT HAS A "GO TO PAGE" !!! - although I wouldn't be able to borrow e-books from the library that way.

Last edited by daniblum; 01-07-2011 at 12:48 PM.
daniblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #117
windowsrefund
Connoisseur
windowsrefund began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
A much needed feature is the ability to "Return to Index". Given the very slow speed of page turns, the following real-world scenario is very annoying:

1. Browse Index
2. Click on a potentially interesting chapter.
3. Lose interest and want to browse for another potentially interesting chapter.
4. Return to index only to have to start from the beginning again.

Not sure about anyone here but I've got some epub formatted Oreilly books that contain 20 pages of chapter titles alone...
windowsrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #118
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrefund View Post
A much needed feature is the ability to "Return to Index". Given the very slow speed of page turns, the following real-world scenario is very annoying:

1. Browse Index
2. Click on a potentially interesting chapter.
3. Lose interest and want to browse for another potentially interesting chapter.
4. Return to index only to have to start from the beginning again.

Not sure about anyone here but I've got some epub formatted Oreilly books that contain 20 pages of chapter titles alone...
Agree! The Bible file I got from this very site here has 115 pages of index on the Kobo. Until someone very kindly built me a better one, the index was completely useless for the very reason you mention.

So, yes, "Return to Index" gets my vote.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #119
windowsrefund
Connoisseur
windowsrefund began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Actually, the "Back" button should perform this seemingly simple task given the scenario I described previously.
windowsrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #120
almagary
Wears funny hat (cloth)
almagary began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Touch
Newbie here. I don't find the Back or Home or Shop buttons very useful so how about making them Shift, Ctrl, and Alt, in paired commands with the D-pad? eg, Shift-V to get to the end of text, menu, library list, etc.

Maybe Back is OK if programmed like Esc, but Shop could just as well go onto the regular menu, and what is "Home" on the Kobo anyway?
almagary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo