Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #18796
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I am starting to threaten the baby with a bad name if he keeps pressing on the bladder.
You're on a loser there, I'm afraid .

Rioja in my wine glass.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #18797
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Yeah I have figured that one out. On the plus side the walk to and from the bathroom is about 150 steps. I seem to make that trip about 10 times a work day so that is 1050 steps. 10% of the daily suggested 10,000 steps we are all suppose to take.

Wooohooo
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #18798
marino.DV
Groupie
marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
a nice beer to light the Friday evening
marino.DV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #18799
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Had a glass of Rioja earlier with tea.

Now have a glass of Pinot Grigio.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #18800
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Had a glass of Rioja earlier with tea.
What a disgusting mix...oh, you mean food!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #18801
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
If I were a carpenter
And you were a lady
Would you marry me anyway
Would you have my baby

If a tinker were my trade
Would you still find me
Carrying the pots I'd made
Following behind me

Save my love through loneliness
Save my love for sorrows
I've given you my onliness
Come give me your tomorrows

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjFRLOktHXo )

Good morning, everyone! Saturday morning cartoon time... it's rough getting older and missing out such pleasures...
New pleasures I guess though... good "English Breakfast" tea from Taylors of Harrogate, home-made English muffins (my first attempt at making them too!) slathered with home-made butter and raspberry jam, and I'm ready to face the world!

Quote:
The bigger the baby gets the more frequently I have to walk to the bathroom. I am starting to threaten the baby with a bad name if he keeps pressing on the bladder.
Quote:
. I seem to make that trip about 10 times a work day so that is 1050 steps. 10% of the daily suggested 10,000 steps we are all suppose to take.
Be happy that it's only for a few more months. One of the 'joys' of becoming a little old man is that I now have the privilege of visiting the loo every other hour... day or night! Drinking several liters of tea every day certainly adds fuel to the fires... or rather, ammunition to put them out!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #18802
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
I had two cups of Peet's Prode of the Port. It is a blended black tea. Good for a black tea when I am in the mood for a regular black tea. I'll be trying their Keemun this weekend.

Right now water while I resteep my Rooibos Jungle Fire.

I have determined that the websites and Doctors who tell pregnant women to keep hydrated for the babys sake are really trying to get me to exercise more. The bigger the baby gets the more frequently I have to walk to the bathroom. I am starting to threaten the baby with a bad name if he keeps pressing on the bladder.
I have great names for you, please keep in mind that those are suggestions from my kids (believe it or not, we were talking about you and mobile blob in the car today). So here you go:
Luke
Obiwan
Padmé
Han Solo
Annekin
Leia.

Yep, I have very original kids (and most important, not obsessed at all...).

If you wait a week more, I think the propositions will change to:
Jack
Angelica
Elizabeth
Will

Last week, we had those ones on sale :
Harry
Ron
Hermione
Ginny (for Ginevra).
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #18803
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

LOL My niece already suggested Albus, Severus, Creature (sp), Dobby, Harry, Ron, and Draco.

I tossed out my favorite Babylon 5 characters, Jeff, Michael, and Galen.

I almost had the Hubby sold on Galen and then we realized all the possible not so nice nicknames. (sigh)
Old 02-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #18804
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
There's always Charles for Charles Dickens. CharlesCrash has a good ring to it!

Nothing in my cup at the moment, but the dog has just had a big drink of water. Coffee coming up soon.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #18805
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight
So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEURntrQOg )

Good morning to each and every! May Sunday morning's relaxation spread to you all! Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea in the cup, scrambled eggs and bacon on the plate, and nothing on the agenda... The weather outside is 'iffy' so it could well turn out to be a reading day just as easily as a shopping day, a riding day, or a visiting day....

ProfCrash, have you considered naming the baby Mary Ellen, Melinda, Charlene, Sarah, or Gwendolyn? Yes, I know the baby is a boy, but just think... there won't be any other boy's in his class with the same name. Total originality!

But here's a 'real' consideration... Choose a name that they make bicycle license plates for, or personalized lunch boxes, personalize pencils, key chains, etc., etc. We screwed up the spelling of my son's name, he could NEVER find any souvenirs on racks in the shops with his name on it when we would visit places. NEVER!

He finally forgave us for this when he turned 35.

Time for a second mug of Ahmad's tea.

Stitchawl
Old 02-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #18806
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

LOL we are leaning towards Caleb and the Hubby has recently decided he likes Lucas.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #18807
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
LOL we are leaning towards Caleb and the Hubby has recently decided he likes Lucas.

Fork me Lucas is to close to Lucifer, but I am a bit paranoid having been treated very poor in elementary school... kids can be very mean with names.

Also make sure you pay attention to his initials, you do niot want a name like Steven Tyler Davidson. Or Andrew Steven Samuel.

Just my two... hey look shiny thing!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #18808
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

We are well aware of nicknames, hence no Galen, and initials. It is a pain in the ass but such is life.

Just finished some skim milk and tangerines. Now off to bed.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #18809
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Also make sure you pay attention to his initials, you do niot want a name like Steven Tyler Davidson. Or Andrew Steven Samuel.
I could never get vanity license plates because of mine. Fortunately I never use my middle initial so no one ever knew.

Stitchawl
Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #18810
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The power's been out for most of the day, but now it's finally back. Earl Grey in my cup.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?