Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #2101
z0mtec
z0mtec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2
I have fond the /etc/uks/pubprodkey01.pem
The md5sum is then 00cdf09ffae3e6eeb7ad62f0b27fc667

Code:
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCxfpiZ1dbdSOgrikqXD6lESUrD
5l52nN50iMh2vDcmW/FzkPDv0eRf1ci6w3ifhmHwqDK9OYNnowPapzUHAiHukXjW
rOC3fZYzgAxzIPN4NyUw369zFK2AALZnXptc68D/xxtZ94porf+kLtw/4vF2NhHs
XtchrpvID+Jhkor8MQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
And the update

Not work with
Code:
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDJn1jWU+xxVv/eRKfCPR9e47lP
WN2rH33z9QbfnqmCxBRLP6mMjGy6APyycQXg3nPi5fcb75alZo+Oh012HpMe9Lnp
eEgloIdm1E4LOsyrz4kttQtGRlzCErmBGt6+cAVEV86y2phOJ3mLk0Ek9UQXbIUf
rvyJnS2MKLG2cczjlQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
z0mtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 AM   #2102
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
Hi NiLuJe, I can't update jailbreak on Kindle 3 (B006) with Firmware 3.3.

This kindle already jailbroken with version 0.7, but I just want to update the jailbreak but it show error code on the screen, and nothing change.

I tried 'update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install', it show code U007. I also tried 'update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g_install', it also show U004 code.

Any suggestion?
tekkasit is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #2103
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tekkasit: You'll have to uninstall your current jailbreak first in order to update it.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #2104
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@NiLuJe It's still failed, I can't update the jailbreak.

1. Uninstall with update_jailbreak_0.7.N_k3g_uninstall.bin, everything OK no message error.
2. Delete linkjail(?) folder on the Kindle
3. Try with update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin, failed with 'Found another jailbreak, aborting...'!
4. Try with update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g_install.bin, failed with code U004.
5. Try with update_jailbreak_0.7.N_k3g_install.bin, failed with code U004.

But I found that the Jailbreak still jailbroken.

6. Verify jailbreak with update_ss_0.25.N_k3g_install.bin, installation success and working!

Any suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@tekkasit: You'll have to uninstall your current jailbreak first in order to update it.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #2105
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@tekkasit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
3. Try with update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin, failed with 'Found another jailbreak, aborting...'!
That confirms my previous answer. Uninstall your current jailbreak (you probably have yifanlu's still installed) .
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #2106
deathcry
deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle
will these jailbreaks work on the new kindle that has the special offer screensavers?
deathcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #2107
tekkasit
Groupie

I think that I didn't use yifanlu's Jailbreak on this Kindle 3 100%, because it came with firmware 3.1 version and your jailbreak can handle 3.1 at that time, but tonight I will try with yifanlu's uninstaller and I will post the result back anyway.

Quote:
@tekkasit:

That confirms my previous answer. Uninstall your current jailbreak (you probably have yifanlu's still installed) .
Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #2108
tekkasit
Groupie

In short, failed.

7. Remove NiLuJe SS with 'update_ss_0.25.N_k3g_uninstall'.
OK SS reverted to original, and then manual remove 'linkss' folder
8. Try to uninstall with Yifanlu's jailbreak uninstaller with 'update_jailbreak_0.4_k3g_uninstall' (latest that I have on my laptop).
OK, no error message
9. Try to install NiLuJe's jailbreak with 'update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install'
FAILED with u007
10. Try to uninstall with Yifanlu's jailbreak uninstaller with latest update_jailbreak_0.5.1_k3g_uninstall.
OK, Update successful.
11. Try to install NiLuJe's jailbreak with 'update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install'
FAILED with u007

Any suggestion?

Quote:
@tekkasit:
Old 11-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #2109
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Tried 'update_jailbreak_0.9.N_k3g-3.2.1_install'?
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #2110
greyTraveler
Enthusiast
greyTraveler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
@deathcry

If your Kindle is version 3.3 or earlier these jailbreaks will work for a Kindle w/ Special Offers (KSO) -- but the screen savers hack will not work on KSO.

If you have one of the new Kindles (Kindle w/o keyboard for example) they are using OS 4, and there is no known jailbreak for that OS.
greyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #2111
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tekkasit: Restart your Kindle if you get a U007 error when uninstalling a jailbreak/after a jailbreak uninstall. If you still get one after a reboot (and you're not trying to run a jailbreak *install*), that should indicate that the Kindle is jailbreak-free (at least on the practical side of things ;p).
Old 11-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #2112
tekkasit
Groupie

In short, success!

12. reboot.
13. Try to uninstall again with update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g_uninstall, it proceed successfully.
14. reboot.
15. Install with update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install, it's success!!

So, that it's mean that after uninstall the jailbreak, then I should reboot before reinstall the jailbreak right?

Quote:
@tekkasit: Restart your Kindle if you get a U007 error when uninstalling a jailbreak/after a jailbreak uninstall. If you still get one after a reboot (and you're not trying to run a jailbreak *install*), that should indicate that the Kindle is jailbreak-free (at least on the practical side of things ;p).
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #2113
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tekkasit: Depending on the jailbreak version that was installed, yeah.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #2114
deathcry
deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.deathcry once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle
ah i think its probably an os4 device as its the new 79 dollar model without keyboard. thanks for the information.
deathcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #2115
b_jules
b_jules began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Angry Tried Python to Obtain Ted Inoue Fonts

I have downloaded kindle update tool to C:\kindle folder (have Windows XP). Then opened python and typed 'cd C:\kindle' only to get 'syntax error'. Trying to eventually download the arial bold font from Ted onto new Kindle DX Graphite. It worked before on older DX, but not this one. Please advise as to what to do. Followed instructions, still not working. Very frustrated...
Thanks
b_jules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet