Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Amazon Customer Service is the best

So today after the super bowl I was moving around and hit the TV tray that my Kindle2 was sitting coverless on. It ended up dropping about 2 feet to the floor right on the edge. It cracked the screen in the top right half and caused the right quarter of the screen to be unusable with black bars running up and down.

I bought my K2 right when they announced it, a purchase date of February 9, 2009 so I still had 2 days left on my 1 year warranty. I called up Kindle Customer Service and explained what happened that it was a 2 foot drop and damaged the screen. He put me on hold for 30 seconds and said he would make a one time exception and replace it.

So now I've got a new K2 being one day shipped even though it was an accidental drop which is not covered under warranty. It's things like this that have kept me doing most of my shopping at Amazon and a dedicated Prime member. Definitely not taking the new one out of my Oberon Cover ever again.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
woo-hoo!!!! love to hear these stories!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Very impressive!

Amazon have always been good to us - excellent on the customer returns.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
mark.a.smith
mark.a.smith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 and kindle on iPhone
I ordered my kindle2 last Thursday night, received today, Monday in Australia! The fastest delivery in history, it takes a week to get mail from Townsville, 200 kms away and Amazon can deliver across the world in 3 days, WTF? Do they use Fighter jets and parachutes?
AND I LOVE IT!
mark.a.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
that is very nice of them.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
kaddy
kaddy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
That's great delivery service. I ordered a Kindle yesterday so here's hoping it will be here soon. Amazon must use an excellent courier company. General mail from the US to Australia is notoriously bad. Unlike UK to Oz. I can get a book delivered from my favourite online bookstore in the UK and have it within four days AND no postage charge. That's faster than any local book retailer I've found. And cheaper.
kaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
That's excellent customer support!! But it does make me wonder... are they trying to get rid of that Kindle 2 stock? Is a Kindle 3 around the corner?

I find Apple and Amazon customer service both great. About 5 times better than my bank which is a sad state of affairs.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
That's very generous from them. Like they knew your story would end up here on the boards.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
That's excellent customer support!! But it does make me wonder... are they trying to get rid of that Kindle 2 stock? Is a Kindle 3 around the corner?

I find Apple and Amazon customer service both great. About 5 times better than my bank which is a sad state of affairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
That's very generous from them. Like they knew your story would end up here on the boards.
Actually, its very typical of Amazon's customer service.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
That is fabulous! I have had the same kind of exceptional customer support - I had some problems with my K1, and called, and they spent a lot of time helping me, and said if I still had problems, to call back, but not wait too long, because I was already a couple months past my warranty. Try that with your TV or computer!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Just got the replacement kindle from UPS. Looks like they sent me a K2i since the new one's serial # starts with B003 and the original was a B002 number.

I imagine it's a refurbished unit since it only came with the usb cable and is not the same style box as the original, but you couldn't tell by looking at it. Now I just have to load the 500 books back onto it.

Last edited by Ajax; 02-09-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #13
jxh11215
Connoisseur
jxh11215 doesn't litterjxh11215 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1 & Kindle 2
I got a K1 in 4/08 and upgraded to the K2 upon announcement, giving my K1 to my daughter. It broke last week and when she called, she was told that she could send it in and get repair for $99. Since it was on my account, she had to call back with my account info. When she did she was told they were out of K1s and would contact me later. Well the next morning I got an email saying that they were going to upgrade the replacement andn could I call CS. When I did, they confirmed the upgrade of the K1 to a K2, plus they weren't going to charge the $99.
I am happy to report that my daughter is now the proud owner of a new (if it was a refurb, I couldn't tell) K2 and has already filled it up with books.
jxh11215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxh11215 View Post
I got a K1 in 4/08 and upgraded to the K2 upon announcement, giving my K1 to my daughter. It broke last week and when she called, she was told that she could send it in and get repair for $99. Since it was on my account, she had to call back with my account info. When she did she was told they were out of K1s and would contact me later. Well the next morning I got an email saying that they were going to upgrade the replacement andn could I call CS. When I did, they confirmed the upgrade of the K1 to a K2, plus they weren't going to charge the $99.
I am happy to report that my daughter is now the proud owner of a new (if it was a refurb, I couldn't tell) K2 and has already filled it up with books.
Very cool!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #15
justgottasay
justgottasay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Amazon FTW

Just had a wonderful customer service experience with Amazon, and had to find a relevant board to sing its praises on.

I called late night, 800-201-7575 (googled this non-menu-tree number), immediately got a real person, who happily cut thru red tape and sent me a free replacement of a faulty item. Wow!

Just had to say.
justgottasay is offline   Reply With Quote