Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
2.4.0 bugs

Now that 2.4.0 is being released I thought I would start a post of bugs found.

Bug: Kobo not remembering the exact page where you left off reading when put to sleep. On awake, book is 1 or 2 pages back from where you left off.

[EDIT]: Will happen pretty much every time if the Kobo is set to turn off.

Reproducible: Yes

[EDIT]: Started a new book since bug report, 136 pages in and have not seen this bug as yet. Unsure why it appeared in previous book.

[EDIT 2]: Happens 99% of the time if you turn off the Kobo while reading a sideloaded epub.

New: NO, bug was present in previous firmwares

Kepub or epub: epub on Micro SD card.

Workaround: Change page margin to zero

---------

Bug: Kobo w/ Sleepcover goes to sleep 30 secs after being woken up with sleepcover if screen is not touched within that time.

[EDIT]: will also do the same when woken from sleep using on/off switch. Use sleepcover was unselected in settings.

Reproducible: Yes when Use Sleepcover is selected in options.

[EDIT]:While using on/off to sleep/wake and Use Sleepcover unselected, it is still reproducible but seems to happen less often.

New: Yes

Workaround: Touch screen right after waking up the Kobo.
---------

If you found a bug that isn't listed please post what you found. Also if you don't have a bug to report, don't bother posting anything here. Unless you have more to add to a bug report that isn't mentioned, don't bother posting here. Let's try to be helpful to the developers rather than wrathful.

Last edited by Danger; 03-11-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Bug update
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Tzar
World War II buff
Tzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One
(Deleted)

Last edited by Tzar; 02-15-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I was whining...not useful...
Tzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Perhaps it would also be a nice idea to include a heading for:

Known Workaround: Set the margins to the minimum setting.

(for the page number bug above)
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Now that 2.4.0 is being released I thought I would start a post of bugs found.

Bug: Kobo not remembering the exact page where you left off reading when put to sleep. On awake, book is 1 or 2 pages back from where you left off

---------

Bug: Kobo w/ Sleepcover goes to sleep 30 secs after being woken up with sleepcover if screen is not touched within that time.

Reproducible:
Yes

---------

On the lighter side, gone seems to be the mini font on new chapters.

If you found a bug that isn't listed please post what you found. Also if you don't have a bug to report, don't bother posting anything here. Unless you have more to add to a bug report that isn't mentioned, don't bother posting here. Let's try to be helpful to the developers rather than wrathful.
First up every time I see your avatar I am reminded of my MasterCard which has the same type of Frog on it lol.. I have the 2.4.0 firmware on both touches here and the glo. So far no issues... on the touch I am finding that any issue is usually the result of the user here using it and not really a problem.

I will advise if there is any issue.

I do think though that the light going out is due more to the fact that the timer is 30 secs from timing out when sleep mode comes upone it. Thus while all is suspended till the device wakes up and resumes, thats my thought on that, prehaps the developers could have a reset loop on the timer when it wakes up to reset it. But that is just a guess on my part.

REgards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:

Reproducible:
Yes

I believe this is a feature, not a bug, though the eye of the beholder plays a role as well It's sensible design if unintended awakenings take place with sleepcover jostling. I've encountered it a couple of times when I've opened the cover then become distracted with something else before settling down to read.

I guess the workaround for slow and distracted readers would be to flip the page back and forward one page immediately after unsleeping.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I believe this is a feature, not a bug, though the eye of the beholder plays a role as well It's sensible design if unintended awakenings take place with sleepcover jostling. I've encountered it a couple of times when I've opened the cover then become distracted with something else before settling down to read.

I guess the workaround for slow and distracted readers would be to flip the page back and forward one page immediately after unsleeping.
Well that does make some sort of sense. And since there are sleep covers that are affixed wtih a magnet clasp that jostleing does happen. Sometimes the the cover just floats up a bit as well. It never bothered me too much though.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Bug: Kobo not remembering the exact page where you left off reading when put to sleep. On awake, book is 1 or 2 pages back from where you left off

I'm wondering if this is now only a SD card issue. I sideloaded 2.4 and tried a book that I know was a problem before and changed margins from zero and played with several different fonts and flipped to different pages and it's worked fine each time I checked.

Autosleep is short and can be annoying even if I understand somewhat why it's in there. I normally just tap the bottom of the screen to turn it off if it's going to catch me.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Bug: Annotation selection thumbs unstable while selecting.

Kepub or epub: epub.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bug: Annotations in random order on Annotations page

Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
murg
No Comment

Bug: Dates are in US date format (m/dd/yyyy)

Seeing how the Kobo is an 'international' device, it would be nice if date format was either configurable, or the month was spelled out (12 Feb 2013), with the month being supplied by the language.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #11
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
C'mon now Murg, disagreeing with the developer's choice of date format is really pushing the definition of a bug... Though I can sympathize whenever I'm unsure whether it's month or day first and it may be important to know when looking at someone's research or the like.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #12
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I think it is a bug in an explicitly international device. The US date format isn't optional or sometimes-used here, it's just plain wrong.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:09 AM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I totally agree with meera. We're not talking about developer's choice, we're talking about user interface design.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #14
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Bug: Dates are in US date format (m/dd/yyyy)

Seeing how the Kobo is an 'international' device, it would be nice if date format was either configurable, or the month was spelled out (12 Feb 2013), with the month being supplied by the language.

Just make it yyyy/mm/dd - then it's computer sortable as well.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #15
tartanpion
Enthusiast
tartanpion began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Bug: Bad rendering of long Paragraph

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199944

tartanpion is offline   Reply With Quote