Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
PW- Kindle icon with Autorun.inf

Back in 2011 I put an autorun.inf file on my K2i so that a mini kindle icon would show for the usb drive that I attached it to... simple, silly and rather useless, but I like having it. Is there any harm in doing this on my PW?
Thanks

Here is a link to the thread that suggested it (I didn't want to resurrect the whole dead thread )-
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=autorun.inf
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Back in 2011 I put an autorun.inf file on my K2i so that a mini kindle icon would show for the usb drive that I attached it to... simple, silly and rather useless, but I like having it. Is there any harm in doing this on my PW?
Thanks

Here is a link to the thread that suggested it (I didn't want to resurrect the whole dead thread )-
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=autorun.inf
That one linked to only involves the processing of files by the host computer (the WinBox).
The Kindle's part of the hack is only to be a file storage place.

So, if the hack is alright with your WinBox - your good to go.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Thanks!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote